• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Anyone purchased from davidsondefense.com before?

I'm kinda pissed at them right now. I placed multiple orders on various websites Thursday and Friday. Most of them free/regular shipping.

Everything arrived today (yepp even items ordered Friday evening, regular USPS shipping)... except for the upper from davidsondefense.com which charged me a hefty regular shipping fee and was ordered Friday afternoon.

I looked throughout the day, hasn't even shipped :tdown: Yet its in stock and they had no issues taking my money instantly on Friday.

No response to 2 emails (one this morning and one after lunch), their 'live chat' is bogus (tried throughout the day), no one is there. Tried calling 4 times throughout the day, nothing.

Now, i have NO PROBLEM waiting, but when 4 other suppliers/websites got the packages to me today, most not even charging for shipping, there's no excuse for davidson defense (which overcharged for shipping... i'm very aware of USPS prices since we use them every single day to ship to our customers). Not answering an e-mail or their own phone rubs me the wrong way... I guess they don't work Saturday, Sunday or Monday or it's one of those poorly managed business that takes 3-5 days to ship a simple item out (suicidal business practice in this time of age).

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If I posted a rant about a product not arriving when I wanted it to, I would also admit to having a problem with waiting for the product to arrive.

The phone and e-mail thing I understand.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    If I posted a rant about a product not arriving when I wanted it to, I would also admit to having a problem with waiting for the product to arrive.

You missed the part where they ignore their paying customers. No answers to email, live chat or phone calls. 1 e-mail at 9am, 1 e-mail at 1:30pm. 4 calls throughout the day, nicely spread out so they can easily pick up. 2 voicemails left so they can quickly get back to me. Also used their live chat system throughout the day, not a single time anyone was there, after a few minutes it says they are 'too busy' and to leave a e-mail (i'm calling BS on that).

THAT's what ticks me off. No excuse for poor customer service.

Instead of them answering, i'm left foundling my thumbs (and placing a new order elsewhere while i let DD know i no longer need their product).

It's not a big deal, but it's like getting slapped in the face for helping someone... They can take 2-3 days to ship, that's fine... answer your live chat/email/phone and let me know they take much longer than a regular business to ship out...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You missed the part where they ignore their paying customers. No answers to email, live chat or phone calls.

THAT's what ticks me off. No excuse for poor customer service.

I think i'm well within my rights as a customer, to get a quick answer "we will ship asap" or along those lines. Instead of left foundling my thumbs (and placing a new order elsewhere while i let DD know i no longer need their product).

Had you waited another couple of seconds, my views on phone calls and e-mails would have been seen.

MDS could use a new feature: Five minutes has to elapse before a post can be quoted. Would give folks a short window to amend their post.

If quoting were quickdraws, many on here would be Wild Bill Hickok.

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    I've had this happen with other companies before so I've just come to expect it honestly. Whenever I order on Friday after a certain time I expect my order won't be touched until Monday. I do agree that it's a little ridiculous that your order hasn't been shipped or at least had a label created if you paid for expensive shipping. If you don't hear from them or see any progress tomorrow then I'd be up in arms. Good luck maybe they are just behind

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Had you waited another couple of seconds, my views on phone calls and e-mails would have been seen.

MDS could use a new feature: Five minutes has to elapse before a post can be quoted. Would give folks a short window to amend their post.

If quoting were quickdraws, many on here would be Doc Holiday.

Agreed, would be a nice feature. Didn't even see it until i left the thread and saw someone else posted...

My point stands though... bad customer service is unacceptable in today's tech age.

I've had this happen with other companies before so I've just come through expect it honestly. Whenever I order on Friday after a certain time I expect my order won't be touched until Monday. I do agree that it's a little ridiculous that your order hasn't been shipped or at least had a label created if you paid for expensive shipping. If you don't hear from them or see any progress tomorrow then I'd be up in arms. Good luck maybe they are just behind

Honestly, in 2018... no excuse for it (especially a quick response). Name and shame those companies, i'll spend my money elsewhere. I fell for opticsplanet once, never again. 5 days to ship a simple order... Then another 3 days for the shipping to arrive. Paid $17 of shipping that i know cost a individual about $7-8 (even less for a business using USPS).

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    Agreed, would be a nice feature. Didn't even see it until i left the thread and saw someone else posted...

My point stands though... bad customer service is unacceptable in today's tech age.

Honestly, in 2018... no excuse for it (especially a quick response). Name and shame those companies, i'll spend my money elsewhere. I fell for opticsplanet once, never again. 5 days to ship a simple order... Then another 3 days for the shipping to arrive. Paid $17 of shipping that i know cost a individual about $7-8 (even less for a business using USPS).

Fair enough. It's your money spend it where and how you want, I don't blame you. Is it something that you need right now or is it just the principle?

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Fair enough. It's your money spend it where and how you want, I don't blame you. Is it something that you need right now or is it just the principle?

More about the principle. It's a pretty big pet peeve of mine, companies that have shitty customer service. I work very, very hard for my business customer service. It's very offensive when other business's don't do the same, but then complain about lack of customers/etc. But then every other business had their stuff at my door, so it really makes you wonder what Davidson is doing (answer: not shipping orders out).

Instant gratification is a disease.

That actually makes no sense and its quite insulting. I paid for it. I paid for the shipping. I could have easily taken my business elsewhere.

Also instant gratification would have been expecting it to show up Saturday.

3 other business got their orders out and to me, 2 of those didn't even charge for shipping.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I haven't dealt ith them , so I just went to their website .

Flat rate $9 shipping , free shippng for over $120 doesn't sound exhorbinate to me .

From the FAQ about shipping times :

In general- 1-3 business days
    DIY Kits - within a week
    Complete Build Kits - 1-2 weeks

And of important note :

Uppers Must Be Assembled

For outfits that offer a variety of Uppers , with various options , this is normal practices to assemble them as ordred in custome's desired configuration .

So as far as actual delivery , no issues yet .

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    I haven't dealt ith them , so I just went to their website .

Flat rate $9 shipping , free shippng for over $120 doesn't sound exhorbinate to me .

From the FAQ about shipping times :

In general- 1-3 business days
    DIY Kits - within a week
    Complete Build Kits - 1-2 weeks

And of important note :

Uppers Must Be Assembled

For outfits that offer a variety of Uppers , with various options , this is normal practices to assemble them as ordred in custome's desired configuration .

So as far as actual delivery , no issues yet .

They also state orders usually ship within 24 hours. So turns out they can take 1-3 days regardless (how long does it take to place a upper in a box and ship it...). I haven't seen a online shop that doesn't ship out Friday 5pm or Saturday in a long time. Was my luck using them.

It's also just an upper. Not a configuration of an upper or a kit or anything.

My shipping was more than $9...

I'm pulling my order. They clearly don't have their shit together.

Other end of the spectrum you have Primary Arms. Ordered Friday evening, they shipped Saturday morning, regular USPS shipping, it arrived Monday afternoon. Fabulous.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's a semi- free country , you obviously can do or not do business with whomever you wish .

I just rechecked their website @ 0107 , and it's right now its not promising same day shipping . The closest to addressing that is a sentence to the effect of "some items ship within 24hrs , some take a couple days, some take a couple of weeks " .

Unless by "Upper" you mean a totally stripped , bare upper reciever only , assembly is required .

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    It's a semi- free country , you obviously can do or not do business with whomever you wish .

I just rechecked their website @ 0107 , and it's right now its not promising same day shipping . The closest to addressing that is a sentence to the effect of "some items ship within 24hrs , some take a couple days, some take a couple of weeks " .

Unless by "Upper" you mean a totally stripped , bare upper reciever only , assembly is required .

Totally stripped, bare upper receiver. All they have to do is take it from a shelf, put it in a box. Or they can just answer their phone.... e-mail.... live chat... Haven't tried smoke signal though...

Primary Arms had a lot more to do... ordered a lot from them, and i ordered quite a few hours after ordering from Davidson. That box arrived Monday afternoon lol Same time with 2 other orders, one placed thursday, the other friday night

As i stated, they want to take their sweet time, which is ridiculous in today's fast pace lifestyle, that's fine (i'll make a point of not using that service though)... Whats the excuse for not answering live chat/emails/phone calls...

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I ordered a complete upper from them earlier this year. They responded to my emails within a couple business days. It took a little over three weeks to get my order. Definitely the slowest place I’ve purchased from online.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah , you haven't dealt with Palmetto State Armory ( aka PSA in forum speak ) yet .

They are well known for leisurely pace , but their blowout sale pricing , that many of us make the tradeoff of waiting a month for the substantial savings .

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    They still haven't shipped. Haven't responded to any communication.

I told them to cancel my order. No response, so taking a trip to the bank.

They also charged me twice, both pending, but still... No excuse.

Garbage company.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    My bank froze both payments and called them. Took a few hours but apparently my item is shipping out today (only because my bank is leaning hard on them). Maybe because i just checked... still hasn't shipped...

Very bad business, i'm staying far away from them. No reason to give money where it's clearly not respected or wanted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom