• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmc1970

Feb 11, 2013
    Im looking for a contractor to build a 30x40x12 metal pole building,,looked for contractors online,seems the only ones that want business are from york or lancaster pa,,,I would rather spend my money local if possible..please post if you are interested or know someone that doea this type of work!!Thanks

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Friend of mine's neighbor is a porsche collector. He had a wood barn built in Anne Arundel county by Pennsylvanians. They came down everyday and brought everything down with them. Cost was 1/3 of the local contractors. Wood like in tongue and groove and wood pegs. It is beautiful

Even crazier story. Met a guy who had his 3rd home build in east BF South Carolina. He lives in Jacksonville. He paid for the guys who build his second home in Nova Scotia to come live in SC for 6 months, so he could get his house built faster. The locals were talking a year before they could get to it.

bmc1970

Feb 11, 2013
    im not against them doing the work,,just wanted to spend my money local if I could..and if the price is way off then I will defenantly use them,,,so far they are the only ones that have responded with quotes

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    there is a company that built my fathers called national barn co out of Pennsylvania. his is a 20x40 and they had it done in 2 days.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I got 7 quotes before I had mine built. Actually took me over a year of toiling and worrying before I broke ground.

I ended up with Delmarva Pole Building. Trick is, they ALL use Amish subs to do the work.

I know a guy who has a Amish contractor who did his start to finish, supplying materials and all. 60X120 with a 20' eve (friggin monster) $65k flat.

I ended up with around $24k into mine 32x50x14 with 1' eves, two 12x12 holes, steel man door and two windows.

Overhead doors, insulation, concrete, electrical....... Another $10k.:o

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    This is a really good thread. Thanks OP. I am really liking Delmarva Pole Buildings website. I want something like 28x40x10 with 3 garage doors. I have to find out if my community will let me have one because they have to be attached garages. The way it looks to me is that you can pretty much side and roof them like the house. More info from those who have them would be great.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    build your own to specs , they even have builders that are "cheap"

Took about 4 weekends to build with some friends a beer

mine is 30X40X14

http://www.diypolebarns.com/quote/

That is a good site to get an idea. Mine would be $26K to have someone build it. Then I have the concrete and the cost to move the current driveway.

If I want to match my house I need to use shingles and siding. I imagine that is all possible, too?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    :needpics:

I'm thinking of getting one too, mostly looked at pioneer. Guy down the street had one built a few years back and it looks good / still standing.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    here's mine 30X40X14

DSCF1597.jpg

in 09 it was like 9 grand for the kit from the above site 4 weekends and she was done , beer and friends come in handy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom