• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    I ran a FB mask group for 3 years, with almost 4,000 followers until I dumped the group due to FB policies.

KN95 has nothing to do with ear loops. It is a Chinese rating.

KF94 is a Korean standard.

N95 is Niosh, and a US standard.

Respirators from the EU, UK, and parts of Asia use the FFP1, 2, OR 3 designation (Filtering Face piece), but may also be marked as N95, N80, etc, in the US.

By the way, there is also a P1, P2, etc. designation for masks that work against aerosols. Amazes me how the P designation has not made the rounds of internet folklore, yet. It is a better choice against COVID, but I assume they are not easily found (or perhaps they are again, recently). I have about 12 left, but they are respirators with a vent, so I have to tape the hole. They are also Asian 3M, so a bit smaller than I would like. Model is 3M 8922.

Thanks for taking the time to point this out.

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    N95 because they are made in the USA. KN95 is made in China and their QC is not public

Just so you know what you're buying, N95 is the standard defined by the US gov(NIOSH), but the masks can be made anywhere in the world. A big reason with the mask shortage last year was other countries stopping exporting to the US to save it for their own citizens. Some brands have their own facilities in the US, but you can't assume that you're paying for US made products just because of the N95 stamp.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Why would I wish to waste money on such a thing??

I normally keep a stock of N95's on hand for construction related use like drywall demo and finishing, insulation and today I mixed 31 80 pound bags of concrete.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I normally keep a stock of N95's on hand for construction related use like drywall demo and finishing, insulation and today I mixed 31 80 pound bags of concrete.

I use N95s ones regular day to help with allergies. Laying down mulch and even mowing the lawn would be nigh impossible without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom