• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    The sign reads:

"ATTENTION The Rifle and shotgun ranges will be closed for critical maintenance commencing on December 7, 2020 and will remain closed for up to 60 days. Updates will be issued every two weeks. Questions and concerns should be addressed to the forest office at (410) 287-5675."

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Well, I suppose if you have to close down a public range the dead of winter ( t-shirt weather expected Sunday) is probably the best time to do so.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Wait, Elk Neck is considered Eastern Shore? I never knew that. I had a great time camping there.

Jagiov

Sep 2, 2020
    Bel Air
    Growing up every January my scout troop would go cold weather camping there. Some years it was very cold.

When I was a kid my scout troop had winter camp at Rodney. One year I was working on getting the Frostbite Badge - I had to stay outside while the rest of the troop was in the lodge that was heated with a couple of cast iron stoves. One weekend was during a long cold stretch - the Susquehanna had frozen over.

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    When I was a kid my scout troop had winter camp at Rodney. One year I was working on getting the Frostbite Badge - I had to stay outside while the rest of the troop was in the lodge that was heated with a couple of cast iron stoves. One weekend was during a long cold stretch - the Susquehanna had frozen over.

Did frostbite at Rodney as a kid as well. Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom