• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I am a Maryland resident (with an HQL) and am thinking about buying a Sig Sauer 365XL from a gun store in Virginia. They are selling it with a 12 round magazine. Am I legally permitted to buy this (12 round magazine) from a gun store in Virginia and transport it to Maryland? If not, is there a 10 round magazine that will work in this?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A handgun purchased out of state must go through a MD FFL holder (federal law)...which means if the magazine comes with it the FFL holder cannot transfer it to you unless you are law enforcement or he installs a block to keep it at a ten round maximum. You can buy as many mags as you want out of state and bring them in but cannot transfer one within the state.

MD law makes no sense and that's how the MGA likes it.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you go to the store and take physical possession of the mag, you are good. You can physically bring into the state. The FFL can't ship it to you in MD. He can ship it to the FFL, The MD FFL can pin to 10 rounds.
    The handgun must be shipped to a MD FFL.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I concur with the other posts: transport the mags yourself (if the VA FFL will let you). Also, these are in stock from time to time:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365xl-micro-compact-10rd-9mm-magazine-1.html?qty=1

They are a little pricey, but can be shipped right to your door. Three of them (or two and a hat...or 20rnd box of jhp) gets free shipping. I bet, if you find yourself out of state with access to a drill, the limiting dimple could probably be removed without hurting functionality...probably.:innocent0

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks. Most appreciative.

Wow - they are quite proud of those 10 round mags. $50. LOL.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Here they are in stock and a little cheaper (ironically, they cost more than the 12rounder), but then there is shipping:rolleyes:. The description even gives you lifestyle advice ;)

https://osagecountyguns.com/firearm-accessories/magazines/sig-sauer-p365xl-10rd-magazine.html

I admit to buying a couple :o I have my share of "real" ones, but making the trek into America for mags (especially these days when there is no guarantee of finding them) costs time and money. The 10 rounders will be fine for IDPA and save me half a day and 8-10 gallons of gas...so :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom