• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Anyone interested in carpoolin' up there?

Thats 2 hours from me. I might be if you're going and coming back on Saturday.

I work Friday and Sunday is football with the Mrs. Since the Ravens aren't in town, we'll either go to the pub or I'll get dragged into doing Xmas crap before the kids get in town.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'm at Oaks now (Fri afternoon); 1000 tables. 3 huge halls filled with everything. About 96% gun/hunting/outdoor stuff-3 jerky and 1 pickle tables, 3 jewelry and the taser guy.

Lots of reloading supplies incl powder and brass; hex Mosins, 3 Colt Gatling Guns in boxes, plenty of ammo at reasonable prices (lots of .22 but still up at .10-.12 cpr), 1 table of Lugers and Luger holsters, 80% uppers, drum mags for Ruger 10/22, several tables of survival foods and supplies, the list goes on. One guy had large 55 gal. drums of Lake City ammo, 43000 rounds of 5.56 blanks for sale at $5000. Dozens of Garands both original and rebuilt.A spectacular array of guns....

The biggest find for me was a 12-round CZ 82 mag. I haven't found one at a gun show in 2 years!

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I thought about going to this show but I'm going to stick to my original plan and go to the York show as York is closer. Don't think I would survive going to the Oaks show wearing my Dallas Cowboys jersey! But it would have been fun....

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    I'm thinking of going up tomorrow. Looking for a PSL or similar 7.62x54r semi. A friend is looking for some Zastava M77 or M14 7.62x51 mags.

Feb 28, 2013
    Just left there. This one made Chantilly look small.:D

I saw 2 CETMEs, but both dealers said they were copies of the HK91, so that's as far as I pursued those.:(

Indian River Collectibles was there with their $4,000 Garands. 2 dealers had SPAS-12's. Hanover Shooting Supplies had about 3 .308 Garands. I saw a few nice AR-10's, and a nice DPMS LR-308.

No one had a SIG 556 though.:(

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

Attachments

• caddyshack3.jpg
      caddyshack3.jpg
      17.6 KB · Views: 169

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I went to the one in October and found lots of good deals including the rare and endangered Varget species. Sad to miss this weekend's show but I had to respect my situational lack of will-power and not tempt myself.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Well, most of 'em must have been at Oaks because they took up 3 rooms this time instead of 2.

The only three room show I'm used to at Oaks is their March show. I missed this December show, but was at their March show the last two years and they were monsters.

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    c7b75db63d25351637188a5aafdf207c.jpg

Saw this at the show today. Was funny seeing the looks on people's faces while they handled rocket launchers and ak47's.

NRA Member
    MD Hunter Safety Instructor
    RSO

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Well, most of 'em must have been at Oaks because they took up 3 rooms this time instead of 2.

as a vendor/dealer with two venues to decide on, one large and another half the size, where would you go to maximize your profit?:innocent0

Feb 28, 2013
    The funniest thing of all was the people selling those hideous NY-compliant AR's. They were GIVING 500 rds of ammo to anyone who bought one.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom