• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Anyone have any info on what to expect at this show?

Wondering whether to go to this one, the one in Manassas, Va or got the Cooper's.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    It should be similar to the one in Annapolis the following week. Guess it depends on where you live and what you are looking for. Kent Island show is a bit smaller than Annapolis and with them being 1 week apart, I am not sure what vendors will show up.

Capt Frank

Feb 2, 2009
    Kent Island Maryland
    Went last year. It was ok for the first year. Some vendors expressed a little disappointment in small crowds. Hopefully more people will attend and the show will be successful for those with a table.

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Went last year. It was ok for the first year. Some vendors expressed a little disappointment in small crowds. Hopefully more people will attend and the show will be successful for those with a table.

I am going to try to make it. I have to go to Manassas to pickup a replacement for something I bought in Chantilly a couple weeks ago. Found out it was illegal in MD, oops.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm here early because I have to go to work this afternoon. As a 13er I'm wearing my hat with the big "13" on it. Say hey if you get a chance.

Of course, small show. Some Beretta CX4 carbines in 9mm and .45 at $900--nowhere near the online deal of $500 recently. Hi-Point carbines at $300. Mostly scoped hunting rifles. DOS is here with tables of MD legal ARs. A few Nagants at $189 from Doug Merchant right at the front door. Looks like powders at $35.

.22lr bricks Federal still very high at $65. But 300BLK at $22.

Bought some accessories, including a tan poly tac holster--for my iPhone 6+ --only thing that will carry it so every day now is Ask Me About My Empty Holster Day. Yes, a gun holster for my iPhone. We will see if I can get thru Christmas without being draw down on.

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Went over for a little while this morning.

Decent signal to noise ratio for a small venue. Couple of decent black gun dealers, lots of older guns.

Bought a couple of MSRPA raffle tickets for a Garand.

It's worth the trip as long as you realize it's not Dulles.

Feb 28, 2013
    Ugh!! I need a drink after what I just heard.:sad20:

There was a fella there tryin' to sell an AR-10. An older gentleman in the far corner was tryin' to tell another he can't do that because even though AR-10's aren't banned, they're still regulated because "ALL assault rifles were and still ARE regulated".:banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      7.5 KB · Views: 271

max111

MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2014
    somd
    We were able to score on a laser/light combo for our HD shottie. The show was on the way to her favorite outlet mall. Gotta win sometimes!

Goosekiller66

Dec 6, 2014
    Silver Spring
    In years past when I've been to the Kent Island show there has been a good selection of sporting firearms and lots of duck hunting items. However, the prices range from high to bordering on the absurd.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Ugh!! I need a drink after what I just heard.:sad20:

There was a fella there tryin' to sell an AR-10. An older gentleman in the far corner was tryin' to tell another he can't do that because even though AR-10's aren't banned, they're still regulated because "ALL assault rifles were and still ARE regulated".:banghead:

Was that the guys in the far left corner? If so I heard them talking too much mis info as well.lol. They were actually picking out people and saying what they were doing wrong(in their opinion). Not many people know our laws!

I talked with RacknRoll and he now has me interested in a new rifle in 300 blk if it comes out. damnit. I'm taking a liking to some of the KelTec stuff as well... SU-16C was interesting. Did see a Glock 19 with a threaded barrel which I believe can be a stock option now?

Feb 28, 2013
    Was that the guys in the far left corner? If so I heard them talking too much mis info as well.lol. They were actually picking out people and saying what they were doing wrong(in their opinion). Not many people know our laws!

Yeah, that was them.

One of 'em did have a nice Russky SKS.

The table in front of them had 2 fine Garands, one of which with a 6-digit serial number.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom