• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    sxs, I imagine there is someone that could estimate the value of an O/U that I have? IF not, I guess I could ride over to Albright's.

I'm sure that would be very do-able...likewise, you could post some info (good pics will help a lot) and some of us on this site can give you a pretty good ballpark at least.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I love this show and have found some great deals there. Good mix of vendors plus regular folks selling family firearms in the aisles.

Still kicking myself over the Colt revolver I missed because I had to step outside to look up a book value. Back inside and it had been snapped up in a minute. That kind of show.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I love this show and have found some great deals there. Good mix of vendors plus regular folks selling family firearms in the aisles.

Still kicking myself over the Colt revolver I missed because I had to step outside to look up a book value. Back inside and it had been snapped up in a minute. That kind of show.

Will I see you down there on Saturday?

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Oh-Oh! Competition! :)

I'm expecting to be there for a while early Saturday. I'll be wearing either a MD shooters T-Shirt or my new Scott's Gunsmithing T-shirt.

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    We'll be there. May as well make a day of it with the Mrs and friends

Hope some of the dealers from the Frederick show come to it. One had a hunting rifle I wanted but just wasn't able to talk myself in to. Hoping to also see parts for an AR15 or maybe an AR10 in .308

Anyone know any good places to eat there? If not, we'll just head over to St. Michaels

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Hope some of the dealers from the Frederick show come to it. One had a hunting rifle I wanted but just wasn't able to talk myself in to. Hoping to also see parts for an AR15 or maybe an AR10 in .308

Anyone know any good places to eat there? If not, we'll just head over to St. Michaels

If you're there for the Waterfowl Festival, they have beaucoups of stands with standard festival food. There are a couple places downtown that are restaurants that serve food out on the sidewalks. 2 or 3 years ago, my wife and I had some pretty darn good Cream of Crab being sold right out on the sidewalk (I forget what restaurant was selling this). Also had some good pit beef (at a stand) and stayed around at a wine tasting tent for a couple hours.

FYI, most of the guys at other gun shows are not at this one. It literally is mostly Eastern Shore Arms Collectors plus a few local guys. There are usually a few other dealers but most are sellers of hunting guns and hunting related items. Sometimes there are a tacical or 2, but not regularly.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

There is food there as SXS mentioned, but there are a ton of good places in Easton and St. Michaels. Weather may not be that great to be strolling the streets of St.M's, but whatever.

Here are a few.
    If you like coffee stop at RiseUp coffee. The real deal. These guys travel the world finding the best stuff.
    Ava's Pizzeria& wine bar-St. Michaels outstanding
    Washington Street Pub-Easton Beautiful place, food is above average.
    I have heard Gina's cafe is very good, but have not been there.
    There are always crabs at Crab Claw or others.
    Carpenter Street Saloon-St.M's if you want a bar.
    If you just want an excellent sub-Capriotti's-Easton

splatt

Apr 5, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I live maybe 10 minutes away, so I'll be at the show Sunday.
    There was a guy selling reloading powder last year, but had to pass when I saw the prices. We'll see....

Washington Street Pub makes an awesome fish n chips:thumbsup:

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Great, thanks for the info. We've eaten at several of those places in St. Michael's.... don't remember ever having a bad meal. Think we'll checkout Washington Street Pub for dinner. If we don't find anything interesting for lunch we may try Capriotti's.

Thanks again!

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    heading over in the am. will have a browning a5 magnum with for sale or trade looking for a nice side by side or over under for my buddy

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I'm still trying to make it over - Grandchild/Father issues delaying me... :mad54:
    bringing some ammo for sale: 7mm rem mag, 250 savage, 16ga, 28 ga, 25-35 winchester.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    Not a bad show, not many black rifles to be seen, but then it is the antique arms show. Ton of old muskets and hunting guns there. Didn't really look at milsurp too closely, but it's probably there. I mainly go there to look around like a museum and pick up an accessory or something.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Saw some Mosins, 1903s and a couple Garands. More Black Rifles than I remember seeing in the past. Not a bunch, mind you...but a couple tables and a few individual guns here and there. A number of antique handguns and a few C&R...but in MD it's a pain to deal with a C&R handgun unless you live reasonably close to the individual since you still need to do the MSP transfer. I did see a nice early 1900's colt. The seller was from Delaware and indicated he was a C&R if I wanted to meet him there...but the price wasn't good enough to make me drive 60 miles or more out of my way.

There were a number of ammo tables. Most was priced moderate to high. There was some .223 on 10 rnd stripper clips....Lake City ammo stamped 'L C 0 2' . It was 55 gr FMJ - $8/20. I left with a couple hundred rounds even though I really don't need 223 right at the moment.

Some powder and reloading components. I picked up a mostly full box of .308 Sierra Game King 165 gr Soft point BT bullets. I took their word for it that there were 77 rounds in the box. I was only charged 8 bucks.

Lot'sa doubles. Saw an A H Fox that I considered for a pretty good price....but I really would like one that didn't need quite as much TLC as this one need. It needs a new recoil pad and there was some light pitting scatter all over the barrels, but not too, too bad. They should be, IMO buffed out and rust blued. I decided that I would rather hold out and even pay more for one that has just some honest wear, but the price I was quoted was $800 and that's a really good price if someone wants a project gun.

Saw a nice Sauer Double. Pretty basic model, but in very decent shape. Just some blue wear on the barrels and receiver going patina. Main drawback for me, is it is a 28 ga. If it had been a 20 ga, I might have considered it. They had a really nice British Double in original case with the original sales paper from 1960. It was in very nice shape and I was quoted $3200....a very good price, but again, it was 28 ga. I wasn't looking to spend that much anytime soon anyway unless it was something truly spectacular. A couple Parkers were there that look very good shape for prices between 1000 and $1500. I did take 'em from the rack and look some, but didn't go over them with a fine tooth comb as I'm happy with the VH I already have. But one that had been refinished was in 20 ga and caught my attention. The barrels looked like a nice re-blue which was fine (and I think was a rust blue), but then they nitre blued the darn action. I don't have as much problem with a refinished gun as some do, but it should at least be refinished to original (for a Parker, it needs to be recased - an expensive proposition) or just let the action be silver of patina if the original case is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom