• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    I need a shotgun barrel bright nickel plated for corrosion protection. Does anyone know of someone that does this?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I need a shotgun barrel bright nickel plated for corrosion protection. Does anyone know of someone that does this?

http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/
    The guys over at the sig forum rave about their work. I haven't personally used them I do plan on it soon for a couple projects.
    Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for, can always give them a call.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Looks like they cerokote not nickel plating...

From their web site:
    CPII (Cera-Plate II):

CPII is a true composite plating process. It is an Electroless Nickel / Boron Nitride tank based plating system that incorporates Boron Nitride particles within the matrix of a phosphate system. Benefits include exceptionally low coefficient of friction, superior release and excellent wear resistance. CP II is perfect for applications that require the lubrication of Teflon but need more wear resistance. As wear occurs fresh particles of Boron Nitride are exposed continuing to ensure the lubricating factors though out. CPII also allows longer firing periods between cleaning and makes cleaning of your gun a breeze CPII is a multi facetted plating process that offers outstanding rust and corrosion protection Up to 10 times the protection of other plating such as Nickel/Teflon and Chrome CPII is far from your standard plating it is a true composite plating process that is made possible by the breakthroughs in Nano Technology CPII is also an Eco friendly process. CPII is the color similar to a Bead Blasted Stainless would look CPII will be available for steels. We do not plate anodized alloys.

But it is not bright nickle.

These people do polished nickle.
    http://www.repliforminc.com/about.html

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Might be cheaper or a general better opp to buy something like a RIA M5 in hard chrome.

$200ish is hard to beat for a very functional shotgun.

ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    Might be cheaper or a general better opp to buy something like a RIA M5 in hard chrome.

$200ish is hard to beat for a very functional shotgun.

This barrel is for a custom built turkey shoot gun.
    Hard chrome will work too. I want to coat it with something since I shoot in the rain and snow. I don't want to have to remove and oil the barrel after every foul weather shoot.

Any ideas on where to have chrome plating done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom