• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Like the title says, my LAST one. So many guns out there so few dollars here. Note the OLD yellowed sticker price. I missed the boat on that by a couple decades maybe. THIS one happens to have the same birthday as me. :o

Bore is perfect, somebody sanded the shit out of it. :mad54:

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
      IMG_0186.JPG
      75.5 KB · Views: 603
    • IMG_0187.JPG
      IMG_0187.JPG
      58.1 KB · Views: 614
    • IMG_0189.JPG
      IMG_0189.JPG
      42.9 KB · Views: 611
    • IMG_0190.JPG
      IMG_0190.JPG
      38.9 KB · Views: 619
    • IMG_0191.JPG
      IMG_0191.JPG
      32.6 KB · Views: 618
    • IMG_0192.JPG
      IMG_0192.JPG
      76.8 KB · Views: 598
    • IMG_0193.JPG
      IMG_0193.JPG
      55.6 KB · Views: 605
    • IMG_0194.JPG
      IMG_0194.JPG
      33 KB · Views: 594

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... I've heard that one before. It won't happen. I thought I was done with 6 Garands. I doubled that in 2 more years. However, I sold them all to a "collector" and bought a few other toys since then. It's always good to have numerous rifles of one sort or another. That's why they call them collections.

Good luck keeping it at 4!

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Awesome find! I should have kept mine. The Russians were $159, Chinese were a bit less, and Yugos were $89... ahhh the good 'ole days!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Nice find. Is that an integral 15 round mag? Interesting.

I just got my first one about 2 weeks ago. Refinished it (wood was in rough shape, metal work great). Already hankering for another one.

Though if I am going to buy another of anything, it is going to be a 2nd Garand first.

But too few dollars. It’ll likely be a few years before I buy another of anything I already have. I’ve got an AR-10 to finish building as well as needing a .223 bolt gun at a minimum. Maybe a .45acp 1911 also, and/or a .357 magnum

I am sure something unique and C&R will slip in there first also.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... I've heard that one before. It won't happen. I thought I was done with 6 Garands. I doubled that in 2 more years. However, I sold them all to a "collector" and bought a few other toys since then. It's always good to have numerous rifles of one sort or another. That's why they call them collections.

Good luck keeping it at 4!

Next on the list is a 1917 Enfield to replace he one I sold years ago. :o

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Nice find. Is that an integral 15 round mag? Interesting.

I just got my first one about 2 weeks ago. Refinished it (wood was in rough shape, metal work great). Already hankering for another one.

Though if I am going to buy another of anything, it is going to be a 2nd Garand first.

But too few dollars. It’ll likely be a few years before I buy another of anything I already have. I’ve got an AR-10 to finish building as well as needing a .223 bolt gun at a minimum. Maybe a .45acp 1911 also, and/or a .357 magnum

I am sure something unique and C&R will slip in there first also.

The mag is a BS Chinese knockoff BUT the original one did come with it. :thumbsup:

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Awesome find! I should have kept mine. The Russians were $159, Chinese were a bit less, and Yugos were $89... ahhh the good 'ole days!

Remember Colonial Arms in Glen Burnie? 1973 ish or so they had maybe 100 of K31's lined up for 25 bucks a pop. I was too ignorant to know what they were. :o

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Help me out with this commie somebitch............

Looks like 2 sets of serial numbers???? :confused:

Left side of receiver says 3M85* as well as all the small parts, cover, trigger assy, stock, bolt ect.

The RIGHT side says CCCP2708*

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    If memory serves me, the square with the slash through it indicates that it was refurbished. Parts may have been re-serialized in the process.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    EDIT

Ignore my PM, didn’t realize you weren’t in Maryland. That 20 round Chinese star mag is worth $100 by itself. Nice rifle!

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Remember Colonial Arms in Glen Burnie? 1973 ish or so they had maybe 100 of K31's lined up for 25 bucks a pop. I was too ignorant to know what they were. :o
    Haha... that pre-dates me by about 12 years or so, and I was out in AZ. Jensen's in Tucson had Swedish Mausers for $79... all matching but I think they had the dredded import stamp. I bought two, but didn't have the good sense to hang on to either of them... live and learn.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Haha... that pre-dates me by about 12 years or so, and I was out in AZ. Jensen's in Tucson had Swedish Mausers for $79... all matching but I think they had the dredded import stamp. I bought two, but didn't have the good sense to hang on to either of them... live and learn.

Hunters Haven, Interarms, Sunny's Surplus, even Monkey Wards and Sears... there was a collectors dream heaven but the bug wasn't that strong.... yet. :sad20:
    I bought a used very nice Remington 582 .22 for 22 dollars at Stammers on Ft Smallwood Rd I think it was. Cool guns were everywhere, this is before leftist realized they could kill each other wholesale.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    EDIT

Ignore my PM, didn’t realize you weren’t in Maryland. That 20 round Chinese star mag is worth $100 by itself. Nice rifle!

I was going to say the same. I remember seeing those 20 round Chinese star magazines going for surprising prices. I've got one around here some place.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Question is, do I even want the 20 rounder, pretty clunky IMO.

Size, shape and stripper clip size, a 15 round mag with 5 round stripper clips would be ideal IMHO. The 10 rounder almost always seem to hang up and you sit there screwing with it for a few seconds.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Size, shape and stripper clip size, a 15 round mag with 5 round stripper clips would be ideal IMHO. The 10 rounder almost always seem to hang up and you sit there screwing with it for a few seconds.

I've found top loading one at a time eliminated feed problems on my 2 chicom 10 rounders. Even my duckbill 30 rounds squeeze bang x30 works pretty well. For a "cheap" weapon the SKS is still a pretty good deal... IMO.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've found top loading one at a time eliminated feed problems on my 2 chicom 10 rounders. Even my duckbill 30 rounds squeeze bang x30 works pretty well. For a "cheap" weapon the SKS is still a pretty good deal... IMO.

Heck yeah. So long as you aren’t expecting a precision sniper rifle, they are dirt cheap to feed (or as cheap as a centerfire can get). Minute of man out to 250yds and some SKS could probably manage that out to 300 or 350yds. Pretty rugged. Very easy to maintain. IMHO pretty to look at with a good wood finish.

I wouldn’t pay $600 for one, but $300-450 still seems like a fair price to me for what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom