• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    First Five shots from a CBI barrel fitted to an old 98 Krag clunker.
    100yds 180 Rem core- lockt ladder sights I used a rest, hope it can stay together with a sling and my handloads. IMG_0505.JPG

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    First Five shots from a CBI barrel fitted to an old 98 Krag clunker.
    100yds 180 Rem core- lockt ladder sights I used a rest, hope it can stay together with a sling and my handloads. View attachment 226573

Nice shootin Tex.

Certainly hits where you're aiming - Very nice!

Surprised the hell out of me, I was worried about it flying apart in my face. (Just Kidding)
    Brass only moved .003 so its real close to the rim and shoulder.
    Out of the last 5-6 CBI barrels I fit this one is by far the best performing out of the gate.
    What I noticed with this barrel is that the report and recoil is more noticeable than the other Krag rifles I own.
    I'm guessing its due to the pressure drop in rifles with a more generous leade and chamber. Brass can really crawl forward in those even with good head gap. The other thing is chamber mouths have been polished for feeding so they may be a touch leaky.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Nice! It always feels rewarding when you shoot your own rebarrel job and it's turned out good. That "Hey, I did pretty darn good!" feeling.
    I've used CBI barrels on M1s and M14 copies with good results. Not their parent Kreiger quality, pretty close.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Thats from a rest, anybody can do that with a rifle that goes together good and is well fit. Im sure shooting from position the results may not be as encouraging and the barrel just started to warm up. Run 50 through it with a few sighters in between and results may vary considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom