• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Inexpensive is relative . Context, and intended usage are key .

BUT , I will set out some guestimated parameters :

To do plinking , casual target shooting , maybe small game hunting , at similar distances and expectations as you used to do with iron sights , when your eyes were 20yr younger .

Inexpensive means under $100 ( scope itself) , and close to $50 is a bonus , if still usable, and doesn't suck .

I am infamous for recomending Wal Mart blister pack * Shotgun * scopes . They will be parallax adjusted for 50yd, occasionally 75yds . This is better fit for. 22lr from inexpensive sporters , than the typical 100yds for "Rifle" scopes.

I am also notorious for liking lower power scopes .I like field of view , depth of field , and forgiving eye relief . I like 2.5X for what I think you are looking for . My second choice is fixed 4X .

And I use Whatever brand of " 1 inch tube for .22 grooved " rings are in front of me in whichever store I am standing , and so far none of them sucked too badly to be used for intended purpose.

Welcome ! ( If I already posted in your Introduction thread , then Welcome twice .)

This seems to be working for you by restarting a necro-thread , but this would have a totally legit subject to start a new thread , and less likely to get overlooked .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom