• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I bought a new Marlin Model 60 today from Dick's was $164.98 less $10.00 because it was a display and had no lock. Plus Dick's advertised the Marlin $25.00 rebate. So I get home and go online to start the rebate process. I see the rebate ends 09/30/16 and I purchased on 10/01/16. Question is will Marlin honor the one day after rebate ends? If they do not I guess I will argue with Dick's for having the advertising on display after the rebate ended (in store not online). Not that $25.00 will break me but saying I got a Model 60 for $129.98 is pretty awesome.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Never hurts to ask.
    If it makes you feel any better My Model 60 cost $39 (new,but no rebate)
    It was a little while ago.
    ;)

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    If I were you I'd get back over there before they take the display down. Then it's your word against theirs. Grab a manager on the way in, and let them know it influenced your decision. It's worth a shot.

I really love my Model 60's. I have a thing for the older ones. Paid $75 for my first one, used. Intended for it to be my sons first gun. It was so much fun to shoot I kept it and went out and bought another for him. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I bought mine new almost 40 years ago for $49 at Best Products for those that remember that chain of stores.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here are a couple of good mods for the marlin 60.

This one is from DIP https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156306&CAT=3603

This one from MCARBO http://www.mcarbo.com/store/p/27-Marlin-60-Trigger-Spring-Kit.aspx

The SIP metal trigger guard and wider trigger is probably the best upgrade you can make.

Although there are not many 3rd party mods for a Marlin 60, replacement parts are pretty easy to get for just about any component. So that's another thing the Model 60 has going for it.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I love the 60...I bought the Glenfield 60 model back in 1982 when I was living in Minnesota (I was 12 and Dad bought it with my money)...got it at a hardware store that had a gun section...think we paid $15 for it back then...

Still have it and use it today...runs like a champ...no issues whatsoever with it...best money I ever spent.

Assuming the only differences now are mag capacity. ..

My kids will be learning to shoot with this rifle as soon as they are ready...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No, that would be correct for 1991. Actually that would have been a good sale. In those days used prices would have typically been in $150 range, new retail more like $179 .

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    No, that would be correct for 1991. Actually that would have been a good sale. In those days used prices would have typically been in $150 range, new retail more like $179 .

Yep, if I recall it was $225.00 reduced to $150.00 due to KMart getting out of the gun business. I was there to buy dog food and saw the sale and said crap this one is mine :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I bought mine new almost 40 years ago for $49 at Best Products for those that remember that chain of stores.

Yeap.

1) I bought my 10/22 from there about 40 years ago for around $60

2) I worked there (the one in Security area) for one Christmas season while in college. I worked the sporting goods section.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Yeap.

1) I bought my 10/22 from there about 40 years ago for around $60

2) I worked there (the one in Security area) for one Christmas season while in college. I worked the sporting goods section.

Mine came from the one in Eudowood Plaza in Towson with the tilted showroom front.

Mine is a Glenfield with the Squirrel pressed stock. Had so many round though it and still extremely accurate.

Attachments

• tilt-showroom.jpg
      tilt-showroom.jpg
      28.4 KB · Views: 380

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Mine came from the one in Eudowood Plaza in Towson with the tilted showroom front.

Mine is a Glenfield with the Squirrel pressed stock. Had so many round though it and still extremely accurate.

I remember that store also.

My Marlin is a 99C, which is an upscale 60. Walnut stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom