• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I don’t want to derail another thread, so here: I finally got my CZ-82 to where I’m happy with it and don’t want to sell it! New springs from Wolff (standard weights, but new) and got one brand-new-from-CZ mag for the CZ83, which is officially 10 rounds of .380 but works for 9 rounds of Mak, and it’s like a new gun.

Main thing is the magazine, I’m pretty sure. The real one is noticeably different from two others I picked up out in the free world, and it’s a world of difference. The surplus (? Who knows where they actually came from?) mags have this split down the front between pieces of metal, hardly fit into the mag well without a heel slam, and absolutely don’t “drop” free. Have to yank them out every time, and then they stovepipe at least one round of every 20-25, even after adjusting the lips as much as I could.

The new mag slides right in, drops out like it should, and hasn’t had a FTF yet after 4 1/2 boxes of ammo, over 200 rounds.

So I don’t have normal capacity in it, just 9 rounds, but the gun is fun to shoot now, super tight groups (2 1/4” offhand at 7 yards, that was a full 9 rounds) and reliable as I could hope for.

Now I need to learn how to strip that ugly black paint off and blue or parkerize it, and get decent grips. And more mags from CZ-USA, not the cheapest but worth it!

SFMFers!

Echo6mike, going mobile...

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Now I need to learn how to strip that ugly black paint off and blue or parkerize it, and get decent grips. And more mags from CZ-USA, not the cheapest but worth it!

SFMFers!

It's not a quick project if done right be careful its easy to break the slide stop spring. To do the job right you will need to do a complete break down of the firearm, take your time and you have have a great little shooter. Cheers :thumbsup:

These links may help

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=132127

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?147601&p=3107164

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC

SFMFers!

Echo6mike, going mobile...[/QUOTE]

If you have someone close it might be worth getting it Cerro Koted. It does wonders on the CZ 82

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    If you have someone close it might be worth getting it Cerro Koted. It does wonders on the CZ 82

That’s not a bad idea. I’m in MoCo, maybe Engage? I’ll have to ask around a bit.

Tearing the pistol down all the way and doing the cleaning and bluing is obviously a fair amount of work, might be smarter to have an actual gunsmith do that.

So where to go to cerakote a CZ82...?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That’s not a bad idea. I’m in MoCo, maybe Engage? I’ll have to ask around a bit.

Tearing the pistol down all the way and doing the cleaning and bluing is obviously a fair amount of work, might be smarter to have an actual gunsmith do that.

So where to go to cerakote a CZ82...?

I mean, you could just drop it in a pot filled with degreaser for a bit and then a pot of boiling water for an hour or two.

I don’t recommend that without tearing down...but it would be low effort :rolleyes:

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013

Tearing the CZ82 down is not difficult if you have a punch and a hammer. Plenty of instructional videos on YouTube to reference too. Give it a try before taking it to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom