• ...and so much more!
  • zaphod07

Oct 16, 2011
    Around NAS PAX
    SO AS I READ THE 5-129. (iii)1. the purchase of not more than two regulated
    firearms is a multiple purchase to take advantage
    of a licensee's discounted price available
    only for a multiple purchase; and....
    .....SO, DOES THIS MEAN THAT SINCE I HAVE PURCHASED TWO LOWERS THROUGH THE HDP GROUP BUY I CAN RECIEVE BOTH OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME OR DO I STILL HAVE TO DO THE PAPERWORK FOR ONE WAIT 30 DAYS THEN GO BACK AND DO THE PAPERWORK FOR THE SECOND LOWER.
    AND NO I DO NOT HAVE EITHER A C&R OR A REGULATED COLLECTOR STATUS....YET

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET BOTH AT ONCE, BUT YOU HAVE TO WAIT 60 DAYS TO GET ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

zaphod07

Oct 16, 2011
    Around NAS PAX
    I asked about rule "the purchase of not more than two regulated
    of a licensee's discounted price" and the FFL called MD troopers office and they told him "that if the both lowers were purchased from a Maryland registered firearms dealer, than you would be able to purchase both under the multi-purchase rule, but because they were transferred to our FFL location, they will only allow one to be purchased within 30-days". It sounds like to me who ever the person in the MD trooper office reads the rule interprets it differently, but from my perspective it says nothing about having to be a MD designated FFL. Oh well i guess its a 30 day wait for me.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I asked about rule "the purchase of not more than two regulated
    of a licensee's discounted price" and the FFL called MD troopers office and they told him "that if the both lowers were purchased from a Maryland registered firearms dealer, than you would be able to purchase both under the multi-purchase rule, but because they were transferred to our FFL location, they will only allow one to be purchased within 30-days". It sounds like to me who ever the person in the MD trooper office reads the rule interprets it differently, but from my perspective it says nothing about having to be a MD designated FFL. Oh well i guess its a 30 day wait for me.

Send the designated collector paperwork in NOW, it only takes about a month to come back, you should have it in plenty of time before the lowers come in.
    You'll save $10 by putting both through on the same application too!

zaphod07

Oct 16, 2011
    Around NAS PAX
    I am actually sending it in tomorrow, for the next time. because the lowers are sitting at the FFL now going to do paper round one in the morning.

zaphod07

Oct 16, 2011
    Around NAS PAX
    so I just got a email from CPL Cusimano that said "Your application was Not Disapproved, you may begin to purchase as a collector. Letters will be mailed as soon as time allows." Thats Feb 4th to March 13th, 40 days from dropping the mail to recieving email notification.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It never amazes me that the system is so stupid that they are so afraid of saying "approved" they need to use a double negative.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    ^ It just demonstrates the "anti" form of thought that permeates this state. There's no way they can say something POSITIVE relative to gun rights; that would be insanity! :sarcasm: They have to make it obvious that you're NOT eligable until they prove otherwise, not vice versa. (Not sarcasm.)

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    No. Collectors status allows you to purchase any number of regulated firearms...still have to wait the 7 day period for receipt of items but as far as I know you can purchase as many as you'd like.

so If i understand this correctly, with collector's status; I can buy 2 @ a time, but have to wait 30 days before buying more?

Thanks

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    ^ It just demonstrates the "anti" form of thought that permeates this state. There's no way they can say something POSITIVE relative to gun rights; that would be insanity! :sarcasm: They have to make it obvious that you're NOT eligable until they prove otherwise, not vice versa. (Not sarcasm.)

The Collector letter DOES NOT say "Not Disapproved", or at least it did not when I go mine.

Attachments

• Collector Letter-2.JPG
      Collector Letter-2.JPG
      35.8 KB · Views: 284

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    I just got my designated collector letter in the mail and it says that my application was APPROVED. I was thinking it would have the conservative NOT DISAPPROVED stamped neatly over it and was pleasantly suprised to see APPROVED. I did get an email that said it was not disapproved from Cpl C a few weeks back however.

Kizmit99

May 18, 2011
    Howard Co
    I just got my designated collector letter in the mail and it says that my application was APPROVED. I was thinking it would have the conservative NOT DISAPPROVED stamped neatly over it and was pleasantly suprised to see APPROVED.

Same here. APPROVED, not NOT DISAPPROVED...

m0bas

Feb 26, 2012
    Mailed mine in this past week, with my app for ccw permit. i fear i may not "hear" anything for quite a long time.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    so I just got a email from CPL Cusimano that said "Your application was Not Disapproved, you may begin to purchase as a collector. Letters will be mailed as soon as time allows." Thats Feb 4th to March 13th, 40 days from dropping the mail to recieving email notification.

If your timeline stays similar to mine the letter should show up in another month or so.

Mailed mine Jan 5th, Got the Not-Disapproved email on Feb 23rd and the actual Collector Letter arrived in the mail on March 16th. Ten weeks total for the actual Letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom