• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    I'm thinking that Dreyse is refinished.
    The top of the grip panel is broke off too.

Some of the poop guns may be good parts guns if cheap enough, never can tell....
    sometimes the original grips & mags are worth more than a reasonable person would think :)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got an email from royaltigerimports
    P64 w/ Holster starting at $199
    Chilean Mauser $300
    Tula sniper $999 (wow)

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I'm thinking that Dreyse is refinished.
    The top of the grip panel is broke off too.

Some of the poop guns may be good parts guns if cheap enough, never can tell....
    sometimes the original grips & mags are worth more than a reasonable person would think :)
    I agree, that one is refinished, relatively recently by the lack of wear from where the grips would be.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I saw that MAS video from Classic also. Man, I wish I could get the prices they have been getting on stuff lately!

It actually makes me wonder how much they're really selling at those prices. The more I see from them, the more I honestly believe that their model is to sell just a few at a time at an incredibly high price with a hyped video. They'll then sit on the rest for a few months, come back and say "Oh! We were able to get a few more in from a secret stash! But this are likely the last!" and jack the price up a bit more. Lather, rinse, repeat.

They did this with the Molot refurb Mosins a few years back.

Anymore, when I get their e-mails in my inbox, I just look at the title, and hit delete.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I've been laughing at every video Classic puts out lately. The stuff is just ridiculously priced.
    They had some Yugo M24/47 Mausers a couple weeks ago for 700 bucks!

Sure, they were nice, but that's just insane. They sold out quick, too.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Online sales have been in a feeding frenzy for quite some time. Classic is just padding their wallets knowing the fear due to a thrashing of Republican candidates at next months elections.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Online sales have been in a feeding frenzy for quite some time. Classic is just padding their wallets knowing the fear due to a thrashing of Republican candidates at next months elections.

I have to disagree that folks are buying old military weapons due to the election. There are plenty of online sale and retailers that are selling stuff priced reasonable. Classic is gouging and I can not for the life of me believe/understand why folks are paying it when I cant/have trouble selling the same item for 100's less.
    Not saying this is what they are doing but .. if you wanted to drive the prices up you can list a bunch. Sell a few and put the rest up while saying sold out but we have more coming so be ready to buy.. thus making folks think that this is the new going rate and that the items are drying up and they better get one now.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Went to that auction today. The Dreyse went for $100. I wanted the four German Gewehr 98 rifles but only managed to win 2 of them.

Lol, I was standing right behind you. Did the older guy you were with work for Century Arms? He had a Century laptop case.

I didn't buy anything, nothing really grabbed my attention that much.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lol, I was standing right behind you. Did the older guy you were with work for Century Arms? He had a Century laptop case.

I didn't buy anything, nothing really grabbed my attention that much.

I was standing right next to Mawkie towards the middle of the group in front of the auctioneer. I don't remember if he had a laptop case or not. Off to the left side there was another older looking guy that bought the other two Gew 98's. Was that the guy you were standing behind?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was standing right next to Mawkie towards the middle of the group in front of the auctioneer. I don't remember if he had a laptop case or not. Off to the left side there was another older looking guy that bought the other two Gew 98's. Was that the guy you were standing behind?

I was standing in the middle also. I guess it was Mawkie with the laptop case.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Those Classic hype videos are just that- classic. The day I pay $300+ for a fricken Mosin Nagant is the day after I won the lottery and lost my ever-loving mind!

I remember guys saying that they'd never pay $175 for a M-N because they'd been for sale for $99 just a year, or two, earlier. :lol:

Apparently someone's buying them. The market reacts to supply and demand.

That said, I called it quits with Classic a couple of years back, when it was clear to me that you couldn't believe what they were saying--particularly with "hand select". They went from miserable to very good for a couple of years, and seem to have decided that miserable is a better business model for them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom