• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Cousin picked up an AK since he lives in virginia, we noticed there's slight cant on the rear leaf sight. If you press from the left side with your finger you can align the sight properly. When you let go it goes slanted again. How should he/we fix this?
    3c488f33f6f61d4f8a584c774c14806c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Remove the sight. Carefully measure the pin and holes in base and sight. You may have to ream the holes and install a larger diameter pin to stiffen it up?

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    He'll probably take it up with century. It was imported through them, maybe they'll send a replacement sight and he can send back the defective. Thanks for the feedback, if century doesn't fix it, he can probably come up with his own fix. Like I said, when you press from the left on the leaf sight top piece you can align it straight. I'll keep you updated.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Alright. Heres how the leaf sight looks.
    8cf356fe3e3e377bb96d9af7fb68fbfa.jpg
    Looks to me like that top knob is slightly shorter than the bottom
    80094fc5c29c971a127ff183ce868334.jpg
    The assembly itself looks fine

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The AK rear sight doesn't ride on a pin. The ramp itself has little nub trunnions that sit in the rear sight block like a cannon.

If there is enough slop for you to move it left and right, then it's definitely an issue that he should send the rifle back for. If it doesn't move, don't worry about it. It's actually a very common problem with AK rear sights. On the three Romanian AK's that I've owned, none of them had a rear sight ramp sitting straight in the rear sight block. None of them have straight gas blocks or front sights either. Even the trunnions do not look like they're riveted straight or square inside the receiver. It's almost as if they intended the AK to have as few critical dimensions as possible. The bolt carrier just kind of crashes the bolt into the trunnion. My least aligned AK still shoots fine at 300yd with irons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom