• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To rephrase my earlier post - The current prices are the new normal. The days of getting a free Mosin with the purchase of two cases of ammo are gone.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    I hope someone buys that double-date MO in the classifieds before I get back in town. It's priced less than Cabelas and Gander Mtn have their run of the mill mosins priced.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I hope someone buys that double-date MO in the classifieds before I get back in town. It's priced less than Cabelas and Gander Mtn have their run of the mill mosins priced.

I'll tell you a secret but you got to promise not tell anyone, that MO/Mosin is way under priced by a third of the normal prices, someone is going only going to get a great deal its very clean! :rolleyes:

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I just saw mosins on a web site for $110.00 I will see if I can dig up the site. Edit: Impact Guns $115.00 good condition

Do you have a link? I keep an eye on their site from time to time and I only see the $298 hex ones. I think if you check, they are sold out of the cheap ones (click the show available items only box to filter out sold out ones).

Knight41

Feb 16, 2016
    Depending on where you live, Duffy's Gun Room has a good selection of them for $265. Not sure you'll find them for much less anymore. The ammo price going up is more disappointing than the rifle price.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Face it. They aren't bringing any more of them into the country, nor will they be in the foreseeable future. The little small quantities of guns that are showing up here and there are ones that individuals and dealers bought in crates and put aside--often anticipating just this sort of price bump.

As has happened before, that moves them out of the "surplus rifle being converted to fast cash by a foreign government" to "collectible firearm" status. And, as has happened before, there's been a price shift as the market sorts out their new value. It looks like that new price is about $270.00, or so. We can grump all day about having bought them for $90.00 each just a few years ago, but that doesn't change the market. That's the new reality.

It's funny that the same people who complain about dealers price gouging on firearms that have taken a sudden upturn in market value are the same ones who would call you insane if you tried to buy a gun from them and argued that they should let it go for what they paid 15 years ago. Think about it. :-)

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Face it. They aren't bringing any more of them into the country, nor will they be in the foreseeable future. The little small quantities of guns that are showing up here and there are ones that individuals and dealers bought in crates and put aside--often anticipating just this sort of price bump.

The "foreseeable future" is the caveat there. Should the next POTUS look more kindly on the re-emergence of Russia and their encroachment on their former satellite states, you may see more enter if certain embargoes are lifted. Even then, I doubt you'd see much of a price drop. Maybe down to $200-$225 if the market is flooded, but otherwise, people like Century, Classic, etc. all know what people are willing to pay now, so they'll keep charging it.

An even better example than the Mosins IMHO are the Steyr M95/34s that people were practically giving away just a few short years ago. I paid $79 including shipping on black Friday from AIM 5 years ago this November. Now you can't find them at the retail sites and the prices are increasing via the bid sites. Same goes for the 1895 Nagants. Paid $99 shipped for mine back in 2011 or so. Sold it last year for $250.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'll tell you a secret but you got to promise not tell anyone, that MO/Mosin is way under priced by a third of the normal prices, someone is going only going to get a great deal its very clean! :rolleyes:

What are double date MOs going for now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom