• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Interesting article on Baltimore County's move to regulate gun dealers and gun shows by requiring security measures to prevent theft. It will be interesting to see how far they will go with this.

https://patch.com/maryland/perryhall/s/gxd6f/gun-safety-bill-help-reduce-theft-number-guns-streets?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=police+%26+fire&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=perryhall&fbclid=IwAR3IP7IWGX9feyXJSg7xxp6jd-H-PUW3osgC27KrTvhdXiG1wE5yxW_woGo

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    This makes me fume....

How many guns are stolen from gun shops....????

Also, do they levy these requirements on drugstores?? Yiu know for all the drugs on the streets?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    That’s being discussed on WBAL right now.
    Freestate was interviewed.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The article suggests that this was with the help of Baltimore County FFLs.The more recent ones burglars are crashing cars into buildings. I really dont know how you stop this, except with a 2 live security guards, one doing overwatch with a 50bmg.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The article suggests that this was with the help of Baltimore County FFLs.The more recent ones burglars are crashing cars into buildings. I really dont know how you stop this, except with a 2 live security guards, one doing overwatch with a 50bmg.

****You can't be doing overwatch with a .50 BMG in Baltimore! Noise regulations!!!!! :facepalm:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Of Baltimore County guns shops raided, what were the rap sheets of the perps, and how many of the perps were released early on the last sentence?

It's BULLSH*T!

Exactly.
    They want to lock up the guns instead of the burglars.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I don't know what type of security they would expect at gun shows but I could see it becoming so expensive shows would go elsewhere.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Of Baltimore County guns shops raided, what were the rap sheets of the perps, and how many of the perps were released early on the last sentence?

It's BULLSH*T!

You have to take some kind of responsibility as a private dealer. When you are repeatedly targeted, and can’t bother with an alarm system, video, or really any means of hardening eventually something will force your hand.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    You have to take some kind of responsibility as a private dealer. When you are repeatedly targeted, and can’t bother with an alarm system, video, or really any means of hardening eventually something will force your hand.

How about Harry Homeowner with a collection?
    How about a gunsmith?
    How about a designated collector?
    How about C&R?

Does Walmart and Dicks need to secure all their glass doors and windows? How about the skylights?

This will never end.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

Not sure where you are coming from with this statement... what of the stores that take the steps(not the ones mandated by the .gov) to fortify their business to guard against intruders.
    One of the provisions is to install bollards in the parking lot so someone cannot drive a car through the storefront. You lease the store and the store owner says bollards are a no-go...
    You must have roll up doors mounted to the outside of the store covering the windows and door. Store owner says..."not on my building..."
    Where does that leave the store owner... shit out of luck... that's where... comply or else... This is nothing more than that ******* Johnny O' implementing his grand utopian plan to rid the county of gun dealers...
    Sounds like you are all in with his plan...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Not sure where you are coming from with this statement... what of the stores that take the steps(not the ones mandated by the .gov) to fortify their business to guard against intruders.
    One of the provisions is to install bollards in the parking lot so someone cannot drive a car through the storefront. You lease the store and the store owner says bollards are a no-go...
    You must have roll up doors mounted to the outside of the store covering the windows and door. Store owner says..."not on my building..."
    Where does that leave the store owner... shit out of luck... that's where... comply or else... This is nothing more than that ******* Johnny O' implementing his grand utopian plan to rid the county of gun dealers...
    Sounds like you are all in with his plan...

On the radio interview Freestate said they were looking at $30,000 to meet the proposed requirements.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    It's sounds awesome that you think this is a big conspiracy to rid the county of gun shops but this started long before Johnny O was county exec. The same Johnny O that voted against the 2013 madness, by the way.

I am not telling you how I think it should be or that I agree with it. What I am telling you is what happened.

The first time a bunch of guns end up on the street the conversation is "Do you believe that such and such doesn't have an alarm or cameras". The second time is "Man, I really thought such and such would have gotten an alarm or some cameras". The third time its more like " What the F, they just don't give a shit if their guns are stolen". The eventually someone bitches enough to lawmakers and a law is made. Once you get lawmakers on board with "there needs to be a law" you don't know where its going to go and it probably won't end well.

I imagine it's pretty frustrating to investigate a crime without knowing when something happened, any clues as to what they looked like and there is a huge delay in figuring out what the stolen property you are looking for, looks like.

Again, I am not talking what if; that is what happened. I know the person doing the complaining and he is not politically connected in any way, just frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom