• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I got an email about picking squadding but must have missed the window. Someone is stuck with me!

If someone has an autoloading shotgun I would like to borrow one. I have a case of target loads.

Forgot my slugs, so if I could buy or trade for a box that’d be appreciated.

I’m a mess :lol:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I got an email about picking squadding but must have missed the window. Someone is stuck with me!

If someone has an autoloading shotgun I would like to borrow one. I have a case of target loads.

Forgot my slugs, so if I could buy or trade for a box that’d be appreciated.

I’m a mess :lol:

What sqaud are you on?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    #1. I guess it put me in there automatically? I’m fine with any squad, of moving me makes it easier that’s fine. Thanks!

Well, it is important to note, nothing is automatic with any of this. The reason I sent the email was to give shooters who had not already done so, the opportunity to choose their squad.

1. Once registration closes, there are always a handful of shooters that either forgot or don't care what squad they shoot on. This actually works out good because it makes it easier for the Match Director to even out the sizes of the squads. Even sized squads are very important as the stages are designed to take roughly the same amount of time. Same amount of time + even squads = minimal waiting for the squad in front of you to finish shooting. Making these changes the morning of the event is possible, but a pain in the ass.

2. One of the ROs on squad 1 is Tim. He said you can use his shotgun.

3. We will have some extra slugs for sale. They are $1 each so bring an extra $5

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Just finished. Great match! Thanks to everyone who had a part in putting it on.

I pointed a few shooters and spectators to MDS and this thread, so maybe we’ll net some new members here. Two had me take videos, which I always like to see.

AAR and thoughts on my own performance when I get a chance to write.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Just finished. Great match! Thanks to everyone who had a part in putting it on.

I pointed a few shooters and spectators to MDS and this thread, so maybe we’ll net some new members here. Two had me take videos, which I always like to see.

AAR and thoughts on my own performance when I get a chance to write.

I was dq'd from a stage and still didn't come in last! I'm a happy camper! First time 3 gun match. I had a great time. Our group clicked really well.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    It was a pleasure meeting and shooting with you. Sorry for the pesky rules

Lol. No apologies necessary! I'm the one who ****ed it all up! But I think I'm running heavy metal next time. I loved watching the M1A do its thing.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Lol. When the RO says to shoot a course of action a certain way, follow his instructions.

I'm not trying to embarrass you here, however, I think this particular topic deserves some clarification so that others can learn from it. Shooting while being watched by a crowd and on a timer introduces a level of stress that many have not experienced before. This is why it is so important to have a well defined plan and to be sure to shoot that plan, even if it means going a little slower.

Here is the link to the rules that we use (most of them anyway).

https://h9a5z8b6.stackpathcdn.com/w...8/10/Mid-Atlantic-Rules-version-2.23.2017.pdf

What happened in this particular case was deemed to be a safety and/or potential damage to steel props issue. IMO, It was serious enough to warrant a Stage DQ, but not a Match DQ. I do not believe that anyone was in danger, however this mistake just required a time out to regroup and gather thoughts so that it doesn't happen again.

1.10 Any rule not explicitly covered by this document will be resolved with a ruling by the Range Master(s) or their designee. Rulings by the Range Master(s), or their designee will be final, and will serve as a precedent for the duration of the event.

Not following instructions, but not causing the issues described above results in procedural penalties - see below

6.1.1.11 Failure to follow the procedure in the stage briefing will result in a 20 second penalty. If a competitive advantage is deemed to have been gained, procedural penalties may be applied on a “per shot” basis.

6.1.1.11.1 Failure to ground a firearm in a manner designated by the written stage briefing shall result in a 20 second procedural penalty per occurrence. Should the written stage briefing fail to designate, the default manner shall be handgun in a handgun bunker, and long guns in long gun bunkers if available, or on a table if no bunkers are available. Failure to designate in the written stage briefing shall never be an excuse to ground in an unsafe manner.

6.1.1.11.2 If it is determined by the Range Master that a participant started a stage in a position other than that as stated in the stage description, a procedural penalty shall be applied and if the opinion of the range master a competitive advantage was gained a 60 second “Super-Procedural “ penalty shall be applied. Either penalty shall be applied without consideration of the competitor being given a reshoot.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Lol. When the RO says to shoot a course of action a certain way, follow his instructions.

That's a DQ? Oh my. You must have really gone off the rails. There's creative gaming and then there's what you did :lol:

Thanks and glad no one got hurt.'

ETA:

I hadn't read MEGARMS post before I wrote the above. I don't mean to embarrass or shame you either. I've been DQ'ed for being stupid, but you suck it up for the good of the sport.

My DQ: Safety Officer was holding a long gun for the up coming shooter and a circle of guys was talking about the weight of the gun. I asked to hold it and then without thinking turned downrange to eye the sights. There were pasters downrange and here was my dumbass pointing a gun their way. I knew right away what happened. I had lunch early that day.

Last edited:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    That's a DQ? Oh my. You must have really gone off the rails. There's creative gaming and then there's what you did :lol:

Thanks and glad no one got hurt.

I wouldn't call it off the rails. It was a very honest mistake that anyone could make when under the stress of an audience and timer

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I'm not trying to embarrass you here, however...

"let me go ahead and embarrass you anyway."

I've owned my mistake. I also did better than hall of my group after having a stage zeroed out. But feel free to belabor your point as many times as you see fit.
    In the infamous words of the great fighter Mike Tyson, " Everybody hath a plan until you get punched in the fathe."

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

I've owned my mistake. I also did better than hall of my group after having a stage zeroed out. But feel free to belabor your point as many times as you see fit.
    In the infamous words of the great fighter Mike Tyson, " Everybody hath a plan until you get punched in the fathe."

Depending on circumstances owning your mistake can have its difficulties. You took the mature route...always the best route. And I bet you learned in the process. :thumbsup:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

I'm not going to rat anyone out, but I know what happened...and I also know that you weren't the only one who did it (and it made the rest of us who hadn't shot that stage yet extra extra cautious).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom