• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Heads up (you guys don't have to worry I am sure) these metro guys are doing this left and right and are building great cases!!! I see them all the time and they are working their ass off.

Don't steal from the homeless!!!! These guys go days without sleep because they are working so damn hard. I sincerely applaud their efforts. They are all really cool guys as well, they come in with like 12-15 robbery arrests a night some nights and all walks of life.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I solved my problem and bought a dumb phone. Nobody wants it.

This was my solution. I have the basic, cheap, and free cellphone provided by Verizon that just makes calls and stores phone numbers. Amidst the crowd of people constantly whipping out multi-hundred $ smartphones I have the phone with a resale value as much as a paperweight. And really, I don't need to check my email or entertain myself with an electronic game every 5 minutes, so no need for a smartphone.

Same thing with MP3 player, I have a servicable little $15 device rather than a trendy $200 ipod.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Heads up (you guys don't have to worry I am sure) these metro guys are doing this left and right and are building great cases!!! I see them all the time and they are working their ass off.

Don't steal from the homeless!!!! These guys go days without sleep because they are working so damn hard. I sincerely applaud their efforts. They are all really cool guys as well, they come in with like 12-15 robbery arrests a night some nights and all walks of life.

If DC had carry permits, the metro guys would be able to eat their doughnuts, while the ambulances and coroners will get an increase in workload. :)

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I would not call that a pro 2A piece. Courtland Milloy is as predictable on this as the sunrise. In his last para he blames the victim and offers that "risk avoidance" is preferable to self defense.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Nice job coppers.:thumbsup:

Unfortunately the limitation of this sting operation is it only addresses the criminals willing to commit crimes of opportunity. These are not the real thugs that are a legitimate threat to the community committing violent felonies. :(

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    This was my solution. I have the basic, cheap, and free cellphone provided by Verizon that just makes calls and stores phone numbers. Amidst the crowd of people constantly whipping out multi-hundred $ smartphones I have the phone with a resale value as much as a paperweight. And really, I don't need to check my email or entertain myself with an electronic game every 5 minutes, so no need for a smartphone.

Same thing with MP3 player, I have a servicable little $15 device rather than a trendy $200 ipod.

Its ok. im sure one of your grandkids can show you how to work one:innocent0:innocent0

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The article is mostly pro-gun, the CATO report certainly is, and it appears well researched (see excerpt below about a Ravens player using a gun to save his own life at home). I am very informed about an incident in central Maryland where a shop owner that was attacked and threatened with deadly force by a robber shot and killed that robber. This case is within the period of the study but is not on the CATO map. I suspect there are many other positive examples where firearms were successfully used that they missed. There are countless time everyday in America where citizens use firearms to deter criminals or make them run away that never get reported.

toughtargets-wp-cover.jpg

The article finishes with a couple questions that seem to imply the victim 'was asking for it' because she had possessions of value (a cellphone) and was out at a late hour. Isn't this like saying a rape victim deserved it because she was so good looking? Makes me sick that there are so many people in Maryland that have hoplophobia.

mehadrin-fashion-shoot.jpg

"Baltimore Ravens Cornerback Confronts Gunman in Tallahassee, Florida: On January 21, 2004, Corey Fuller, a professional football player for the Baltimore Ravens, stepped out of his home when he was accosted by a gunman.

147259_coreyfuller.JPG

Fuller retreated to his house and the assailant pursued him, firing shots and kicking
    through the door. Fuller retrieved a revolver and returned fire, repelling the would-be in
    truder. A getaway driver had been waiting and the two sped off. After the incident, Full-
    er offered $10,000 for information about the intruder."

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD

I bet those metro officers do have their hands full of dirt bags, thieves and real crime to deal with.
    I do wish that they would occasionally ride on the trains and enforce the simple rules though. I know it is minor and perhaps a pet peeve of mine but I am sick and tired of the kids and some of the "adults" acting like animals, eating, drinking and generally making the whole commuting experience miserable. By the time I get to the end of the line there are chips, chicken wings, and spilled drinks all over. :sad20:

Speaker2Wolves

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2012

The fact that they can pull stings like this without worrying about good samaritans calling 911 and blowing their cover makes me despair of human nature.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The fact that they can pull stings like this without worrying about good samaritans calling 911 and blowing their cover makes me despair of human nature.

Hahahaha no we get a call for man with a gun at the metro probably twice a month but they come over the radio and advise us that they are working and their clothing description.

These guys have no social life they are always in court and work again I sincerely applaud them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom