• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    House committee defeats D.C. concealed gun amendment

Vote means out-of-state permits can’t cross city line

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...amendment/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) statement:
    "Not only does the amendment violate home rule, it also endangers homeland security in the nation’s capital and the safety of federal employees, officials and D.C. residents. Federal and local police officials have testified repeatedly before Congress that the gun-lobby-backed D.C. gun bill (H.R. 645), which would, among other things, permit concealed carry in D.C., threatens the security of federal officials and foreign dignitaries in the nation’s capital."

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    This is why DC is a safe place. It's not like people try to kill foreign dignitaries in DC or anything like that. They know it's illegal to have a gun in DC so they dont do it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    >>> Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) statement:

habada, habada, habada ... incoherent babble and Brady talking points ...

I guess carrying a stolen Glock in the waistband of your baggy pants doesn't count as concealed, so THOSE gun owners don't need to worry whether the law passed with or without the support of the "gun-lobby".

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    are there any statistics that show how many, if any at all, crimes have been committed by legally concealed carrying persons (while carrying)?

krucam

Ultimate Member
    I have a dream....

Some day, these clowns will not be able to spout out this fear-laden drivel with impunity.

"threatens the security of federal officials and foreign dignitaries in the nation’s capital"

Proof. Cite. Show Me.

As Judge Sykes said in the CA7 Ezell decision:
    "...the government must supply actual, reliable evidence to justify” its restrictions. 2011 U.S. App. LEXIS 14108, *62 (7th Cir. July 6, 2011).

This crap of "it's true because I said so" is coming to an end at a venue near you...soon.

I need more coffee. Where the hell is the opinion in Palmer anyways? Damn.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Allowing responsible people to carry concealed weapons puts lives in danger yet Obama is constantly surrounded by guys carrying MACHINE GUNS.
    Doesn't he know how dangerous guns are?:rolleyes:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    "Its time for more than just the criminals to have guns"

Couldn't b more right there in dc only the criminals and cops have guns well and Erik. I would have liked to see this pass it would have created more acceptance from liberals once they saw no real peak in crime

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Only the police and military should have the ability to defend themselves. Oh wait, I'm military and aren't allowed to defend myself... The hell?

co26666

Sep 23, 2011
    Ellicott City
    This sucks. I don't see DC as being any different than any other state, regardless of who is residing and working there. They should acknowledge out-of-state permits. Rediculous.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Only the police and military should have the ability to defend themselves. Oh wait, I'm military and aren't allowed to defend myself... The hell?

If the military leadership didn't learn from Ft. Hood and Virginia Tech that gun-free zones are easy killing zones, then they will probably never figure it out.

jeostang

Aug 16, 2007
    I wonder, if Norton was being held at gun point and a person walked up on the situation that was carrying. Would she want that persons help, just choose to wait for the police to come.

Last edited:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    NA-AW085_DCVOTE_G_20090222202330.jpg

Need any more be said?

DC no longer issues carry permits and they don't plan to any time soon - do you really think DC will allow out of state to carry in DC?! You HAVE to be kidding. DC is very ANTI-GUN and there's nothing coming across that shows me that they are going to change anytime soon. Ok - now you can OWN a handgun but they havent changed the laws to help gun owners. There's no castle doctrine or any new clause introduced into law. Public officials are a joke in DC. Didnt one just go to jail for embezzling money? Their infrastructure is HORRIBLE. My tax dollars getting pumped into Section 8 housing -oh it makes me sick. So when I hear about the councilmembers screaming that they dont have any representation - BECAUSE THEY DONT DESERVE IT!!

excuse the rant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom