• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...ral-reportedly-appealing-to-il-supreme-court/

In February 2018, a White County, IL Second Judicial Circuit Court judge ruled Illinois Firearms Owners Identification Card Act unconstitutional. Eight months later, after pleadings and motions to reconsider the initial decision, the judge not only reaffirmed his original decision, but supplemented it. Now, IllinoisCarry.com’s spokeswoman Valinda Rowe claims that the Illinois Attorney General will take the case to the Illinois Supreme Court.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I hope this gives Frosh nightmares. Big nightmares of regular people with guns. GUNS! IN THE HOME! A lot of scary nightmares that follow him to the grave and beyond.

Are you kidding? This coming out around the same time as the results of the Mueller investigation may just give him a stroke!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, they went after a non prohibited person (meaning no disqualifying crimes, mental issues, etc) that had a single-shot 22 rifle at home for self-defense because she didn't have a FOID card. I don't know enough of the details of whether she purposefully was not complying or was unaware that the FOID statute would apply to her (e.g. in case the rifle was inherited years ago). But really ideal type of person to challenge it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Wow, I had one for 7 years when I was in grad school/medical school.

On a funny note, a friend sent in a picture of his dog and they issued the dog a FOID.

Wonder how this might impact the HQL, it is a similar concept except you couldn’t own, posses, store, etc... a firearm without it.

None. Maryland is in a different circuit and all the action is happening in state court on top of that. If it was federal in a different circuit, it could at least float up to SCOTUS or create a circuit split to entice SCOTUS to take the case.

Alas zero precedent for us.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Does anyone know why it took over 50 years to get something like this out of the court on the FOID?

I suspect this is the reason
    In reality, given how FOID Act violations so seldom get charged by prosecutors, and even if they do are quickly plea-bargained away, a decision to strike down the FOID Act as unconstitutional would not pose a meaningful obstacle for police and prosecutors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom