• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I had to come back and double check this thread to make sure I didn't misread it.... this morning on the way to work I heard a radio commercial advertising a Silverado gun show this weekend - at the Frederick fairgrounds. :confused:

Their web site, however, confirms it's Howard county. Must have played the wrong audio, or read from the wrong script.

http://silveradogunshow.com/schedule.html

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'll be there!

Since there are so many people I know that are going to be there, I might have to take a stroll over to the fairgrounds just to shoot the BS.

On top of that, my favorite English professor, Outrider58, is going to be there. How can one resist the company of an English professor? Sheez, almost ended that previous sentence with a period. lol All in good fun. Time to go and proof read a couple more times before I hit "Submit Reply". Now, is that last period supposed to be inside or outside of the quotes? lol

Going to have to try to find some time on Sunday.

Jacqueline

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Mar 1, 2013
    MSI is very excited to be at the Silverado Howard County Gun Show.

Come get some cool swag! ;-)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Since there are so many people I know that are going to be there, I might have to take a stroll over to the fairgrounds just to shoot the BS.

On top of that, my favorite English professor, Outrider58, is going to be there. How can one resist the company of an English professor? Sheez, almost ended that previous sentence with a period. lol All in good fun. Time to go and proof read a couple more times before I hit "Submit Reply". Now, is that last period supposed to be inside or outside of the quotes? lol

Going to have to try to find some time on Sunday.

Depends. Is there a period after ''Submit Reply'' on the tab?:rolleyes:
    Boy, feel'n the love.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    In the front of the line now listening to some D***** talk about how he doesn't think average citizens need to own machine guns and the politicians should pass "common sense laws" to fix it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wasn't planning to go to this one, but it's almost starting to look like an MDS meetup, too. Might make it Sun.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    In the front of the line now listening to some D***** talk about how he doesn't think average citizens need to own machine guns and the politicians should pass "common sense laws" to fix it.

Did you tell him the "average citizen" cannot afford a machine gun and they should pass "common sense" laws to prevent idiots from talking about things they know not? Or is it just the second amendment that it's okay to infringe upon?

Feb 28, 2013

Hopefully you told him what an idiot I think he is.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

It might be interesting to hear his well-considered definition of "average citizen," and then ask him whether an "average citizen" even wants a machine gun.

I would bet dollars to donuts that very few "average citizens" as defined by him even want machine guns. Of those small number who do, even fewer can afford them and are willing to pay the price. Of the even smaller number remaining, it should be relatively easy to cull those who shouldn't have them.

Maybe that's why you never hear of crimes being committed with machine guns.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I should have said something, but I never got the chance to say anything to the jackass since the line started going indoors. He was actually talking to another gentlemen who was talking about the class 3 stuff that he owns. The other guy seemed like he was trying to set him straight but the idiot didn't look like he was acknowledging it.

The more I thought about it and listened to the way the idiot talked, it seemed like he had absolutely no idea about what he was talking about and/or was in some capacity mentally challenged. He said something about Hillary going to be the next president and he wouldn't be upset if they passed any gun bans as long as he got whatever he wanted before it passed.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    ...Besides that, I thought it was a decent show. Didn't find any rifles that I wanted, but I picked up 3 boxes of PPU .25 auto for only $16 a box and I cleaned out all the Swiss GP11 that SCSG had on him. Found a couple nice ammo cans too.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I got a brand new Colt 6721 from South Carroll Sporting Goods soley because it's hard to go wrong with a Colt AR at that price (I was seriously considering getting a pair) and also some CCI standard velocity.22 from him that runs so nice in my can. Only other thing I got was a P51 can opener. I already used it to eat my lunch, works like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom