• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If it were me I would drive, Metro sucks. Park at 7th and Constitution in front of the museum and hoof it for about 5 mins over to MPD. Two hour meters or if you have ParkMobile just re-up from your phone if needed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree.

I despise Metro and even though this place has it's defenders, I won't ride it. It's one trip away from another disaster. After safetrack, they still found rusted tracks and the FD radios still don't work in the tunnels after 25 years of trying to get them to work.

Felony level mismanagement and incompetence. My .02 YMMV

Have a nice ride.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    If I were going by myself, I'd probably drive. But I'll have a bodyguard with me to watch my 6, good ole JimBoy.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I have given him turn by turn directions, lol. Riding Metro is worse than shopping at Wal Mart.

Well, we survived. Rode the Metro and it really wasn't too bad. Probably the lesser of evils. I feel truly bad for anybody who has to go into that ******** (D.C.) on a regular basis.

Jimboy will fill in more details, but it was a pretty good experience at the PD. We were the 2nd and 3rd in line to submit paperwork. Very nice lady at the window, told us where to go next, and everyone down there was much more polite and professional than I expected. In and out in under an hour, including prints and pics. We were told not to expect to hear anything before 90 days, unless there was a problem.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Well, we survived. Rode the Metro and it really wasn't too bad. Probably the lesser of evils. I feel truly bad for anybody who has to go into that ******** (D.C.) on a regular basis.

Jimboy will fill in more details, but it was a pretty good experience at the PD. We were the 2nd and 3rd in line to submit paperwork. Very nice lady at the window, told us where to go next, and everyone down there was much more polite and professional than I expected. In and out in under an hour, including prints and pics. We were told not to expect to hear anything before 90 days, unless there was a problem.

Thanks, My pension appreciates that ride!

lisa788

Jan 13, 2019
    I turned in my DC CCW paperwork today, and Stoveman's parking suggestion worked out best. The parking garage that the Waze app suggested didn't seem to exist. There was plenty of parking around The Mall at 1pm (I wouldn't count on that during the summer though.) The Metro would have been better, but I had other meetings in DC.

A few other suggestions - the registration office CLOSES AT 3PM (not 5pm like their website states.) It only took me an hour to complete the process, but there was no one else ahead of me. Plan on the commute taking twice as long as your GPS estimates (between traffic, missed turns, and looking for parking....)

They told me not to bring the firearm or mags, just the completed paperwork for firearm registration (this was not clear on their website.)

Finally, I needed 2 forms of ID with my Maryland address. Besides your driver's license, you can use a voter registration card, utility bill, etc.

If it were me I would drive, Metro sucks. Park at 7th and Constitution in front of the museum and hoof it for about 5 mins over to MPD. Two hour meters or if you have ParkMobile just re-up from your phone if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom