• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I hope readers are smart enough to pickup from the article that Democrats and Liberals are THE racists that want to pervent blacks from owning firearms. Same as it ever was.

Only the extremely wacky ones don't want black people to have guns, but I'm sure there's just as many toothless-backwoods republicans that feel the same way. You can't fix stupid.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    They're not Racists, they just hate guns. Period. Nice try...

Also they reject the idea of personal responsibility and personal protection. It is a paradigm problem, not a racist one. I was talking to the guy that proudly made stun guns illegal in DC. He was able to use a loophole and classify stunguns as a NFA destructive device. For comparison, other NFA destructive devices are missiles with explosive charges, land mines, grenades, and poison gas.

Anyway after he was done ruffling his proud feathers of his legal wrangeling, I asked, "So you have done work to leave the honest citizen completely defenseless." By the shock on his face, that concept completely escaped him.:rolleyes:

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I had to chuckle at the obvious opposite viewpoints presented in the article in the Washington Post and the editorial in the Washington Times. Same subject, completely different slants.

greyjhu

Jan 28, 2009
    Merry Christmas, all. As a DC resident, I have been waiting to purchase a handgun since 2008. More recently, I have been waiting to determine if I should wait until January 30th due to new legislation.

I have already completed the firearms safety requirements as I have registered long guns previously in '08 and '09. Besides ballistic testing, is there any benefit in waiting another month or should I go ahead and purchase the gun I want?

Thanks for your thoughts. Although I don't think ballistics testing is necessary, I personally don't want to wait 30 more days at this point... although it is only another 30 days as I have already waited nearly 1,000 with hopes of saving $100 (1/6th the price of the $600 firearm I want) for the DC transfer.

Below is a link to further description of the proposed Firearms Amendment, as some of the previous links in this thread have been deleted:
    http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc....retrial-detention-and-firearms-amendment-acts

Thanks-

Merry Christmas, all. As a DC resident, I have been waiting to purchase a handgun since 2008. More recently, I have been waiting to determine if I should wait until January 30th due to new legislation.

I have already completed the firearms safety requirements as I have registered long guns previously in '08 and '09. Besides ballistic testing, is there any benefit in waiting another month or should I go ahead and purchase the gun I want?

Thanks for your thoughts. Although I don't think ballistics testing is necessary, I personally don't want to wait 30 more days at this point... although it is only another 30 days as I have already waited nearly 1,000 with hopes of saving $100 (1/6th the price of the $600 firearm I want) for the DC transfer.

Below is a link to further description of the proposed Firearms Amendment, as some of the previous links in this thread have been deleted:
    http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc....retrial-detention-and-firearms-amendment-acts

Thanks-

The only benefit of the new legislation is no ballistics testing. Everything else still stands. Since you have taken the class, and they already have a file on you, you're set with all that. And the Sykes transfer fee will still apply. That one is never going away w/o court or Congressional action. The Council knows that is the most effective way to keep normal people from purchasing a gun.

buffalobob

Dec 10, 2009
    DC
    I agree. There is no benefit in waiting as it takes time to pass a law and then to make it effective. It could take as much as six months for the new provisions to take place. Ballistics testing takes about 20 minutes if it is a common caliber. For the 460 S&W it took about an hour as they had no 460 ammo and were reluctant to use 45 long colt and had to check with the manufacturer first.

Remember to not take any ammo with you and it is mostly a cash transaction so have money on you. Don't go at lunch time as they eat then.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    A pal in DC just bought a 44 magnum legally and registered a 9mm that he kept out of state.... Not a great place for gun collecting for sure.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    I'm a DC resident and sent an email to the entire council this morning to express my support for this bill and additional measures to make it easier for DC residents to own handguns. So far no responses.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    The goal is not to live in a world where the right people do the right thing, the right people were always going to do the right thing. The goal is to live in a world where the WRONG people do the right thing. [I think Milton Friedman said that first.] When the senoir Democrat Senator from Californina proposes making the entire United States a "shall issue" jurisdiction we will have won.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    They're not Racists, they just hate guns. Period. Nice try...

While I agree that the current DC laws probably do not have racist motovations, as a matter of history, modern gun control laws in this country were born as Jim Crow laws and were designed specifically to keep guns out of the hads of newly-freed black people. This is especially true with respect to discretionary gun laws (i.e., things like "may issue" schemes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom