• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So if anyone finds a LGS willing to make this purchase and not gouge us on the mark up please post your findings.

I'm going to check Machine Gun Nest in Frederick this week

Last edited:

Algot

Feb 13, 2017
    Frederick
    I'm going to check Machine Gun Nest in Frederick this week

Not sure if TMGN will be able to help. They order from many of the same suppliers as the other LGS’s that have already checked for the item. Also, The Nest is in MD and unable to sell you a 15 rd mag.

Sig’s online store will ship to another state without high cap mag regulations. Why not use that route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Not sure if TMGN will be able to help. They order from many of the same suppliers as the other LGS’s that have already checked for the item. Also, The Nest is in MD and unable to sell you a 15 rd mag.

Sig’s online store will ship to another state without high cap mag regulations. Why not use that route?

The LGS's cannot purchase this from their suppliers, as confirmed by Loudoun Guns. It is a Sig webstore only item. The only way a store can purchase it is through the site. A MD LGS like TMGN might be willing to swap the mag to a 10 round or put in a block. The girl who works the specialty orders is really awesome. If she won't do it then no other store will. Although I don't really like their range the people there are top notch customer service oriented.

Most people I know in VA, PA, or close by are either anti-2A or won't be too keen on the idea. Others live really far away and would have to ship it to me. Puts them in an illegal position. So not an option for me.

I'm disappointed Loudoun Guns won't just order the thing. It cost them next to nothing to click a few buttons on their computer. I buy a lot of stuff from them. Would be a good customer service loyalty deal but good customer service in the gun industry seems to be few and far between.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    What if someone purchases the conversion kit, in another state, then takes out the magazine and ships me the slide. Legal?

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Then you didn't receive a high capacity magazine and therefore - perfectly legal (although disclosure I'm not a lawyer but an anal retentive d-bag that likes things that go bang :) ).

Algot

Feb 13, 2017
    Frederick
    The only way a store can purchase it is through the site. A MD LGS like TMGN might be willing to swap the mag to a 10 round or put in a block. The girl who works the specialty orders is really awesome.

Most people I know in VA, PA, or close by are either anti-2A or won't be too keen on the idea.

She is awesome, but the Sig website will not ship to a MD address

Sorry to hear about those in VA and PA.

I have one on order, being shipped to a nearby state. I’ll let you know how it goes.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    She is awesome, but the Sig website will not ship to a MD address

I didn't know that. I thought they would at least send to a FFL.

I think someone getting it for me, sending me the slide, and keeping the mag is my only option. I hate MD.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Then you didn't receive a high capacity magazine and therefore - perfectly legal (although disclosure I'm not a lawyer but an anal retentive d-bag that likes things that go bang :) ).

Right.....It sounds silly but I'm super conservative when it comes to gun laws. I don't want to put someone in any chance of a problem by helping me.

Algot

Feb 13, 2017
    Frederick
    Arrived today. Hope to get the range this weekend.

5f1b91d4d7a74227372cc5e04d6d855c.png

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Great. My brother is in VA and is a Legion member too. But, cash is challenged. M1 in the future, so this will go on the back burner.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So I can go to VA and buy magazines, over 10 rounds, and drive or walk them home to MD. However, I cannot go to that same store and buy those same magazines, then head over to FedEx and ship them to my house?

Found an old thread on this but it was pre-2013. I'm guessing the "No" answer still applies.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=92096

Last edited:

Algot

Feb 13, 2017
    Frederick
    So I can go to VA and buy magazines, over 10 rounds, and drive or walk them home to MD. However, I cannot go to that same store and buy those same magazines, then head over to FedEx and ship them to my house?

If this question is in response to my reply to Doug Racer14, the reference is to purchasing a Caliber Exchange Kit from Sig. As you know, Sig will not sell a kit to be shipped to a buyer in Maryland.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    If this question is in response to my reply to Doug Racer14, the reference is to purchasing a Caliber Exchange Kit from Sig. As you know, Sig will not sell a kit to be shipped to a buyer in Maryland.

No, just wondering if I can buy mags in another state and bring them to MD via shipping (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.) I know I can drive/walk them to MD from another state but what about shipping. So same thing about the kit. If I go to another state, buy it then ship it to myself, is that legal? The "transfer" portion of the law might indicate that it isn't. Not sure the legal definition of "transfer."

The other thread from 2012 indicates you cannot ship mags over 10 to yourself.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    No, just wondering if I can buy mags in another state and bring them to MD via shipping (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.) I know I can drive/walk them to MD from another state but what about shipping. So same thing about the kit. If I go to another state, buy it then ship it to myself, is that legal? The "transfer" portion of the law might indicate that it isn't. Not sure the legal definition of "transfer."

The other thread from 2012 indicates you cannot ship mags over 10 to yourself.

So this is where things get grey and the general consensus is no, by shipping to yourself you’re taking possession within the state.. Otherwise if you possessed, you wouldn’t need to ship.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    It is another grey/vague area. If you brought and possessed in VA for example. It is your property. You are merely changing its location. But, what does the law say? If you sent a pistol out of state for gunsmith work. But, you had to send it with a mag, how would you do that? I don't think a g.smith would need a mag.

Algot

Feb 13, 2017
    Frederick
    I agree with the two post above. Maybe gray/vague, but close enough to black and white not to risk.

Back to the CALX with Romeo1. Took it to the range this morning. Zeroed at 10 yards. Ran 200+ rounds through it, held zero. Had to clean the glass half way through. Doesn’t make you a better shooter, that comes from good fundamentals and practice. It does help to acquire target faster, helpful in a stressful situation. And will aid in aiming while in a less than preferred shooting position. All in all, I’m happy with the purchase.

15cc6c2122607bc9a78a27c86a631fa5.jpg

Top row at 10 yards. Bottom row at 7 yards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom