• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Police: Armed bystander takes down gunman at Titusville back to school event

TITUSVILLE, Fla. - An armed bystander shot a man who open-fired on a back to school event at a Titusville park following a fistfight, police said.

The shooting occurred at Isaac Campbell Park on South Street shortly after 5:20 p.m. when the shooter, whom police have not identified, returned to the park after a fistfight and began firing.

A bystander licensed to a carry a firearm then shot the shooter, who was flown to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries, police said.

Another mass shooting avoided by a good guy with a gun. Note, the only injury was to the shooter who was shot in the head by an armed bystander.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Wow, and this was supposed to be a stop the violence event.
    How long before the MSM tries to make the bystander into LE?

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    My guess is this will quickly disappear since it does not appear to support the liberal media's agenda.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    I would like to know if the man who returned with the gun was in legal possession of it.

Seems another case of a nut case with a gun. Who the hell comes back with a gun after a fist fight (and who gets in fist fights now a day)...

BTW does the bystander have to surrender his weapon after this? Does he get it back?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I would like to know if the man who returned with the gun was in legal possession of it.

Seems another case of a nut case with a gun. Who the hell comes back with a gun after a fist fight

He’s not a nut.
    He’s emotionally retarded and cannot handle being disrespected.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    My guess is this will quickly disappear since it does not appear to support the liberal media's agenda.

Well, tell everyone who you know, and then it won't disappear.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The story about a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun.

Say what? That never happens. Everyone knows when you allow law-abiding people to carry guns you get the wildwest.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Is this the first school shooting of the 2018/2019 school year?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Is this the first school shooting of the 2018/2019 school year?

I'm sure someone somewhere extended his forefinger and thumb then said "bang" while playing on or with a few miles of a school, so the moms in need of action probably already documented a dozen or so "school shootings" this year.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018

I agree. You may hear about it once, but because the the licensed civilian had a permit you won’t hear about it again. Even though another mass shooting was averted.

Shootings though you hear about that ever day for months.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Seems we need to.make a few signs that show a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun. To counter the signs we saw showing people shot with a gun crowd.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    One of their local newspapers gets the title right ...

http://www.brevardtimes.com/2018/08...own-back-to-school-shooter-in-titusville/amp/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

But they still managed to put the words "school shooter" together...

My point (again) being that anyone who wants to sensationalize anything will find ways, regardless.

The media's (and antis' in general) history of this sort of thing lends itself to cynicism, sure... but it usually proves out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom