• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Well it's too far for me to go every day to check. Not far from another place I used to trap them though.

But if anyone knows anyone with a dam building critter issue closer to me, I'd be happy to get rid of the problem.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Since you've had no takers, try contacting DNR or the maryland fur trappers association. Either should be able go point you in the right direction. If they are causing a problem off property (ie backing up a stream under a road) DNR may take care of it. Had that happen by my house in the late 80s or early 90s. The den was on one side of the road and the dam was on the other. County tried to encourage them to leave by damaging both daily and tried trapping. I was told they ended up having to allow somebody to shoot them. Was pretty young, so I could have it wrong. I was more concerned with watching them whenever my mom or grandparents would take me over. Was one of the neatest experiences I had growing up.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Where in Harford? I am in HDG and if it's not too far I can take care of the problem, provided I can set and not be inside of 150 yards from a crappy neighbor's house. Season is in right now, and I am lisc'd. Landowner can just buy the 5.00 furbearer stamp, can trap on own land without taking the trapping class. But I am experienced, so me or another trapper is best bet.

Wow that is a huge beaver! I had no idea they got that big...

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    How common are beavers in Baltimore county? I hike in Patapsco all the time and have never seen one. Frankly I am nervous about them because my labs hike with me and I am nervous about them getting attacked while swimming.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How common are beavers in Baltimore county? I hike in Patapsco all the time and have never seen one. Frankly I am nervous about them because my labs hike with me and I am nervous about them getting attacked while swimming.

Never heard of beaver getting that aggressive.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I was fishing the Gunpowder about 10 years ago and a guy told me his Lab was attacked by a beaver.Said he had to take his dog to the vet to get stitched up.Guess it happens.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    I was fishing the Gunpowder about 10 years ago and a guy told me his Lab was attacked by a beaver.Said he had to take his dog to the vet to get stitched up.Guess it happens.

Been a couple cases of rabid beavers attacking folks the last couple years, one near Towson a year or two back.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Where in Harford? I am in HDG and if it's not too far I can take care of the problem, provided I can set and not be inside of 150 yards from a crappy neighbor's house. Season is in right now, and I am lisc'd. Landowner can just buy the 5.00 furbearer stamp, can trap on own land without taking the trapping class. But I am experienced, so me or another trapper is best bet.

Hey Foxtrapper, we know your a recent transplant so you are excused. The correct abbreviation is HdG. :thumbsup:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    If I was still in MD I'd take care of it for you. I don't know anyone who does beaver back east, just coons, groundhogs, foxes etc.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Hey Foxtrapper, we know your a recent transplant so you are excused. The correct abbreviation is HdG. :thumbsup:

Well I learned recently the proper pronunciation of Aldino. I was saying al-deen-o, but it is al-dine-o. And Level Rd is rt155. And figured out what creek is Carsin's Run. And some damned fox trapper from PA is hogging up good farms! Only traps them like 3 weeks a season too. Go home you PA guy! Stay at the border.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    I have a small trout stream that crosses my land, beavers have moved in a causing problems with several dams on my stretch of the stream. Its in WI, and there are no restrictions on me trapping or hunting them year round. I have been researching a bit and watching youtube videos on setting up drowning rigs. Just wanted to see if anyone here had any tips for a novice. Sexual innuendos are also welcome ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom