• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I've been to Chantilly plenty of times, but I see that keeps getting canceled so now I'm looking at this. How is this show for magazines? I recently got my first rifle in .223/5.56 and need some more standard capacity mags for that caliber.

There are usually a few vendors that attend this show who specialize in selling magazines.

Sorry I can't provide vendor/storefront names in most cases, I recognize them by face and/or setup. :)

There is a brunette lady who is almost always there in the second row near the entrance who has about 6 tables of bins full of every generation, size, and color of pmag you can imagine. If you're looking for pistol mags there is usually a vendor that has about 6-8 tables full of just about every make and model, sorted alphabetically and labelled with paper signs.

Also, Precision Arms usually attends, and they have about everything you might need for an AR including magazines, complete uppers, etc.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I've been to Chantilly plenty of times, but I see that keeps getting canceled so now I'm looking at this. How is this show for magazines? I recently got my first rifle in .223/5.56 and need some more standard capacity mags for that caliber.

We'll have some there, don't know how long they'll last though.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    There are usually a few vendors that attend this show who specialize in selling magazines.

Sorry I can't provide vendor/storefront names in most cases, I recognize them by face and/or setup. :)

There is a brunette lady who is almost always there in the second row near the entrance who has about 6 tables of bins full of every generation, size, and color of pmag you can imagine. If you're looking for pistol mags there is usually a vendor that has about 6-8 tables full of just about every make and model, sorted alphabetically and labelled with paper signs.

Also, Precision Arms usually attends, and they have about everything you might need for an AR including magazines, complete uppers, etc.
    What he said. There's literally tons of tables with correct capacity mags there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'll be looking for some P228 magazines. I just bought a W. German marked one for my honey but it came with the 10 rd. ban era magazine.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    do a lot of people open carry at this event?

No. Any firearms customers bring into a gun show are usually required to be unloaded and secured, for example with with a zip tie through the action.

The idea is many people are going to be handling items, comparing, dry firing, etc. Mixing in customers with loaded firearms will eventually lead to stupid consequences... "I wonder how this trigger pull compares to mine... oops."

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    thanks i just meant bringing stuff like ammo across state lines.

Ammo is fine, mags are fine, pretty much anything other than firearms banned by MD should be fine.

So no bringing back AK47s, Gov profile barrel AR15s, fireworks that go up in the air, Glock 7s that cost more than you make in a month anyway... ;)

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    No. Any firearms customers bring into a gun show are usually required to be unloaded and secured, for example with with a zip tie through the action.

The idea is many people are going to be handling items, comparing, dry firing, etc. Mixing in customers with loaded firearms will eventually lead to stupid consequences... "I wonder how this trigger pull compares to mine... oops."

First rule of concealed carry club...

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    First rule of concealed carry club...

Whelp, if its concealed, by definition you're not taking it out and fingerbanging it to compare it or show it off to someone else saying "here's what you need"... so that would also serve to prevent acts of stupidity, right?

*This post should not be construed as support or encouragement of actions which violate any laws, regulations, or policies. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom