• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Too bad the Republicans can't get their stuff together when they were the majority to pass freedom-based legislation like the Dems can to take away freedoms. The Dems play for blood...the GOP still tries to play nicey-nicey so the Democrats and the lapdog media won't say bad things about them.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    This legislation won't have any impact on private sales in Maryland correct? Private sales were once legal in Colorado but that ended several years ago when the Democratically controlled state legislature decided it knows better than the citizens.

More laws making law abiding citizens criminals.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Too bad the Republicans can't get their stuff together when they were the majority to pass freedom-based legislation like the Dems can to take away freedoms. The Dems play for blood...the GOP still tries to play nicey-nicey so the Democrats and the lapdog media won't say bad things about them.

Not like they have a choice now, OR did before the mid-terms. They (the GOP) didn't have enough seats in the senate to ever pass any sort of bill we would find favorable, period.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I heard a snippet of the House hearing on C-SPAN tonight with some Democrat talking about getting rid of the ability to buy a gun over the Internet without a background check.

How do these people get by with all this lying, over and over?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Not like they have a choice now, OR did before the mid-terms. They (the GOP) didn't have enough seats in the senate to ever pass any sort of bill we would find favorable, period.

Yes and they use that as their excuse every time so they end up doing nothing. At least the Democrats try doing something.
    No effort was made by Republicans to get nationwide concealed carry done when they had control of Congress and the White House. (Yes I’m aware of not having 60 Senate votes)
    They could’ve tried attaching it to a another bill or the budget, but they are p*ssies.
    I’d like to think that someday Republicans will learn but I’m not optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This legislation won't have any impact on private sales in Maryland correct? Private sales were once legal in Colorado but that ended several years ago when the Democratically controlled state legislature decided it knows better than the citizens.

More laws making law abiding citizens criminals.

This legislation won’t get passed now anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I heard a snippet of the House hearing on C-SPAN tonight with some Democrat talking about getting rid of the ability to buy a gun over the Internet without a background check.

How do these people get by with all this lying, over and over?

I heard at a forum that a Non-residential Virginia carry permit lets you carry in 49 states, followed by 200+ omg's

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Yes and they use that as their excuse every time so they end up doing nothing. At least the Democrats try doing something.
    No effort was made by Republicans to get nationwide concealed carry done when they had control of Congress and the White House. (Yes I’m aware of not having 60 Senate votes)
    They could’ve tried attaching it to a another bill or the budget, but they are p*ssies.
    I’d like to think that someday Republicans will learn but I’m not optimistic

Yeah, they're p*ssies but I don't think that's why they didn't try to push national reciprocity. I think it's because a lot of the (R) Pols are in the "rights for me but not for thee" camp. They talk a big game but they don't seem to follow through.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Yeah, they're p*ssies but I don't think that's why they didn't try to push national reciprocity. I think it's because a lot of the (R) Pols are in the "rights for me but not for thee" camp. They talk a big game but they don't seem to follow through.

It's just how politics works; voters only get motivated when there appears to be a crisis (gun control, wealth inquality, terrorism, etc...). If they actually solved any of the perceived problems they'd have to manufacture new ones in order to keep getting elected. They are not that stupid. It's vastly easier to keep the same problems around indefinitely.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore

Exactly. R’s are just as afraid of free citizens as D’s.

TSonder505

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2019
    And McConnell will screw this up, as always. By blocking the bill, the mainstream media and leftist intelligentsia will be able to demagogue and say that the Republicans are "obstructing common sense gun safety." No. What the Senate should do is modify the bill to add carry reciprocity and private seller NICS access, and then pass it. The House Democrats then won't pass the bill, of course, but that way, WE can then point to the Democrats as the obstructionists. And, if by some chance they do pass it, we've gotten a good deal. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The problem with Bills like this is it becomes the new norm and if perpetuated year after year after year, it then becomes a real possibility. I would never say any Bill won't be passed. Stranger things have happened. I mean Cher said President Trump should be allowed to build the wall.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Dems are laying down a marker. They know it won't pass the Senate or get past a Presidential veto. The Democrats are not interested in solving a problem...they want an issue to beat the Republicans with for political purposes.

If the Democrats were truly interested in solving problems they would support the rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes or to follow the Constitution and rule of law in general.

TSonder505

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2019
    The problem with Bills like this is it becomes the new norm and if perpetuated year after year after year, it then becomes a real possibility. I would never say any Bill won't be passed. Stranger things have happened. I mean Cher said President Trump should be allowed to build the wall.

Yes, precisely. UBC sounds great, which is why 90% of people answer yes in polls. We need to either explain why it's burdensome, or get ahead of it and open NICS to private sellers. If that was the case, and there was no record of the transaction or the serial number, I'd be fine with that being mandatory.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    The Dems are laying down a marker. They know it won't pass the Senate or get past a Presidential veto. The Democrats are not interested in solving a problem...they want an issue to beat the Republicans with for political purposes.

If the Democrats were truly interested in solving problems they would support the rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes or to follow the Constitution and rule of law in general.

This and anything anyone related to Make America Great Again .On my phone best I can do but THIS Dems are laying down a marker. They know it won't pass the Senate or get past a Presidential veto. The Democrats are not interested in solving a problem...they want an issue to beat the Republicans with for political purposes.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    It's all about bullet points for running for reelection. I've heard Dems say that the Republicans are going to take SS away from you since the 1970's Guess what? The Republicans are never going to take it away from you. It's just a running point.
    Same as 2A and the Republicans. They don't really give a diddly and aren't going to do anything to stop the Dems because that would take away one of their major running points!

No Politician seeking reelection really intends to do anything for their constituency, just for the people who give them the most money.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    After the 2012 election then Senator Harry Reid was asked why he lied about Mitt Romney not filing taxes for ten years...he simply answered "It worked, didn't it?" Democrat operative and commentator Bob Beckel was asked about the Democrat lies about the Republicans wanting to take away Social Security, school lunches...whetever the Democrat's lie du jour was and he answered that of course it was all lies but it always worked. If it didn't work they wouldn't keep doing it.

Sometimes Dems will tell the truth but not until after they've won the election or argument. That the lies work so well speaks volumes about their voter base.

TSonder505

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2019
    After the 2012 election then Senator Harry Reid was asked why he lied about Mitt Romney not filing taxes for ten years...he simply answered "It worked, didn't it?" Democrat operative and commentator Bob Beckel was asked about the Democrat lies about the Republicans wanting to take away Social Security, school lunches...whetever the Democrat's lie du jour was and he answered that of course it was all lies but it always worked. If it didn't work they wouldn't keep doing it.

Sometimes Dems will tell the truth but not until after they've won the election or argument. That the lies work so well speaks volumes about their voter base.

Notice how we heard nothing about Roy Moore after he lost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom