• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    .... At a certain point it's just a de facto political shakedown, and nobody mistakes it for a meaningful endorsement. You pay tribute to the people in power, so that they don't routinely punish you for spite.

I've been trying to figure this whole thing out before I join the lynch mob, and came across this article that gives another perspective.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/05/02/sensationalist-missing-point-illinois/

Has anyone here heard anything bad or suspicious about TTAG?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've been trying to figure this whole thing out before I join the lynch mob, and came across this article that gives another perspective.

I have no use for this article when they HAD to bring President Trump into being the cause of this issue. This is nothing more than a political hit and does not speak the truth on the subject. How vague can an article be when trying to describe the facts in the story.

For me, this just brings the Stink level up 3 or 4 more turns.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I'd give the article a little more credibility if he dialed down the insults and presented some facts, other than the press release by SA and RRA.

As far as I'm concerned, Bob Owens can eat a big bag of dicks. He wrote an article for the LA Times about Glocks that was so terrible I had to question if he really was a gun owner.

59f100292

May 20, 2012
    So who is left?

RRA, and SA sold out. I'm pretty sure S&W screwed us a while back. I believe I read that Bill Ruger lobbied during the Clinton AWB to get his mini-14 excluded. I feel like I heard of colt doing similar back in the day, but not positive. The founder of cooper gave money to the Obama campaign (I think please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Who is left on the good list? Barrett has a strong position from what I read, but I can't even afford a shirt with their name on it.

Winchester isn't American anymore, if that matters to you.

Remington (now to include Marlin) has had quality issues for 10 years.

Kimber has had quality issues for ever, at least a reputation for it. (Not trying to pick a fight here but then reputation is what it is)

Seems like Savage is the only big American player with a clean record that I know of. I guess there is Mossberg still, but they are still Mossberg.

I know the AR industry is full of smaller American manufacturers with clean records.

On an international level Beretta/Binelli/Tikka/Sako/Stoeger has never screwed us politically that I know of. Seems they even took a stand with their departure from Maryland.

CZ, Glock, IWI, seem to be other options on the international market. Never heard of those guys screwing us.

Who else am I missing from these lists?

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    I think Armalite is still on the good list, but their products are not on everybodies shopping list.. Les Baer and LMT have already left IL for Iowa

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Read the Bearing Arms piece to compare to the TTAG.

Without any Trump bashing, I already get it, the campaign contrubutions are defensive dues paying. Not just that one has to pay to play, but has to pay tribute to an all powerful political machine.

It all hinges on the Lobbyist . Did the Lobbyist disregard the wishes of the two biggest players in the (state) industry, AND of the IFMA, AND providing the majority if his fund ? Because the Lobbyist decided advance his personal opinions over those of his clients ? Rogue unprofessional ******* exist in the world, so it not totally impossible . But unlikely . I'd need way more and better evidence than those press releases.

( Yes, they're private companies, they don't * have to * disclose anything they don't care to beyond legally required filings. But as it stands, they appear on the face of things that they threw IL gunowners under the bus for their temporary benefit. If they wish a different creditable narritive, the ball is in their court, and ticking fast.

The infamous Ruger support of 15rd limit was an action of Bill Ruger, the Person, acting unilaterally. Multiple people who discussed this with him both before and after are of the opinion that Bill Sr wasn't truely anti-gun , but at the time in 1989 thought it was a tactical manuever to prevent far worse Gun Bans.

He was wrong .

But the current Board of Directors hasn't done any sins that I am aware of.

S&W has changed ownership since their infamous sellout . Their mistep damaged them so much, that the stock total valuiatiin dropped to 10% of previous.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    RRA, and SA sold out. I'm pretty sure S&W screwed us a while back.

The S&W that screwed gun owners doesn't exist anymore, they were sold to their current company for just pennies on the dollar after the backlash from gun owners. S&W (as far as I know) is gtg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom