• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    This thread will be used for discussion of the meeting of the HPRB on November 1, 2016.

DPSCS website link below. This site will be updated to reflect a change of meeting status or possible change of venue. The time and the location of the meeting is posted on the DPSCS HPRB website.

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Link to a map of the meeting location below.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...31ce20b658baca!8m2!3d39.0257318!4d-76.6081016

Follow Community Place around to the right past the Learning Center.

Cookie_Crispp

Jul 24, 2016
    Sadly, I believe the 120 days refers to the scheduling of a hearing date. I wish it were as we want to read it, but there is no mandated timeframe for any decision with regards to hearings.

So, within 120 days of you replying to that letter, you will know when your hearing is. Good luck.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    As for the "But I already have a permit, I am asking to remove the restrictions" you would not be the first to show up before the board and set the record straight that you are there to remove the restrictions, not get a permit. All the boiler plate letters only have DENY,DENY,DENY.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I know this is a bit of a thread jack, but I got this today for my request for restriction removal. I realize it says application for Handgun Permit. But I have that. After speaking with the First Sargent during the informal review, I figured it was futile to continue with the appeal. Just thought I would share. Up to 120 Days for final decision? Comments welcome.

Absolutely do not give up now. Move forward with your appeal to the HPRB.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Standard boiler plate poorly worded letter, why would we expect anything different from state government?

Even though the wording says denial of a permit I'm sure the HPRB will know the specifics of your request for a permit restriction modification. My best advice to you would be to be prepared, have copies of any additional information you wish the board to consider and be articulate and forceful.

I can go into further detail with a PM or a phone call.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    What ^^ said, and I would also suggest that you attend as many of the board hearings as you can, starting with 1 Nov if possible. Sit in the audience and learn a lot, it can only help you when your time comes.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Sadly, I believe the 120 days refers to the scheduling of a hearing date. I wish it were as we want to read it, but there is no mandated timeframe for any decision with regards to hearings.

So, within 120 days of you replying to that letter, you will know when your hearing is. Good luck.

Board’s Action Requirements
    Within 90 days after receiving a request for a review/hearing of the Secretary’s (of the State Police) action, the Board, at its discretion, may choose either to:

1) Review the record developed by the Secretary of the State Police; or
    2) Conduct a hearing.
    Decisions of the Board are not final until a written signed decision is sent to the applicant or holder of the permit

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It's November 1th.

Bump

:D

Attachments

• hprb.JPG
      hprb.JPG
      2.3 KB · Views: 701

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I'll be there to present my case today. With the help of some of our members, I hope to succeed in acquiring my permit. Should be a good show.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Unfortunately have to miss this one in person, but will try to listen in if the audio is up.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll be there to present my case today. With the help of some of our members, I hope to succeed in acquiring my permit. Should be a good show.

I'll be there in the cheering gallery. Don't be afraid to ask questions before the meeting.

Is this for a permit or a restrictions modification?

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I spoke to Mr. Neverdon today and he said my letter should be going out this week, I assume the MSP will have 30 days to appeal their decision. Wish I could be there to support but I have to work, there in spirit and good luck

Nobody

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I spoke to Mr. Neverdon today and he said my letter should be going out this week, I assume the MSP will have 30 days to appeal their decision. Wish I could be there to support but I have to work, there in spirit and good luck

Nobody

Great news! That is possibly the fastest I have ever heard of an overturn letter going out.

Keep us posted when you receive your new permit or hear about further MSP action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom