• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    I got the Polish Tok for $190 and a Astra 400 model 1921 for $110. I think I did pretty good! An unmarked/unknown flare gun was sold to a buyer in France for $1100. One of the best gun auctions that I have been to in a while:thumbsup:

Jul 1, 2012
    Uh yeah, great deal on the Astra!
    Not the easiest ammo to find (9x23 Largo or .38 ACP) but fun.
    Don't use .38 Super in it though.

I'm guessing that flare gun collection grabbed the attention of some serious collectors.
    Some really cool stuff there.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Yup, the author of a flare gun reference book was seated in front of me and he bought up probably 1/4 of all the FGs. I had a morning meeting in Gettysburg that ran late and sadly missed the Astra lots that I wanted to bid on by 5 minutes. A gamble to pass on online bidding that didn't work out. Some VG bargains on Spanish pistols to be sure. Somebody got a Campo Giro that just needed grips for $170!!! All I got was some Danish 9mm Luger ammo for Lahti pistols, 1,000 rounds of 9mm Largo and a book: Antaris' new revision of his Astra book for $80 OTD. Bid on some bayonets but came up short. Had to leave early to get back to Gettysburg and there were only 12 people in the room when I bugged out with all the bayonets left to go. Very surreal. If it wasn't for the 'net that venue would have been a disaster for the consignors. But I have to say the auctioneer and staff did a good job and were well organized for the most part. Have seen much worse in all my years at live auctions!

Jul 1, 2012
    Yup, the author of a flare gun reference book was seated in front of me and he bought up probably 1/4 of all the FGs. I had a morning meeting in Gettysburg that ran late and sadly missed the Astra lots that I wanted to bid on by 5 minutes. A gamble to pass on online bidding that didn't work out. Some VG bargains on Spanish pistols to be sure. Somebody got a Campo Giro that just needed grips for $170!!! All I got was some Danish 9mm Luger ammo for Lahti pistols, 1,000 rounds of 9mm Largo and a book: Antaris' new revision of his Astra book for $80 OTD. Bid on some bayonets but came up short. Had to leave early to get back to Gettysburg and there were only 12 people in the room when I bugged out with all the bayonets left to go. Very surreal. If it wasn't for the 'net that venue would have been a disaster for the consignors. But I have to say the auctioneer and staff did a good job and were well organized for the most part. Have seen much worse in all my years at live auctions!

not surprising, that was an amazing collection of flare guns.

dammit, I would have loved the Campo Giro.
    Had an eye on the Jo Lo Ar too.
    I figured this would be a feeding frenzy with all that good stuff and no point.

Good price on Antaris' book. I need to grab a copy and it's about twice that retail.

Jul 1, 2012
    The S-H that sold for $550 was a hard-to-find Romanian contract gun. Very good price and incorrectly described.
    The 1918-dated gun was a Bavarian contract from the smaller 5k lot.
    They should have done the research to get more $$ for the consignor but I'm sure the winner(s) appreciated it.

The nice boxed Campo Giro - I don't even want to talk about it.

Three of those Astra 400's were Chilean Navy and pretty rare (~800) and all sold dirt cheap at about 20-25% of what they're "worth".

All in all good day for the buyers!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Agree on the boxed Campo Giro. A little rough but sold for about 40% of what I thought it was worth based on past comps. There was another one at a tiny auction that sold on Proxibid the same day in the $400 range too. Crazy world!
    Speaking of crazy. The 9mm Danish ammo I got turned out to be WWII vintage Swedish 9mm Long which has me jazzed as it works for my FN 1903 and Webley 1909s. Hard to find, wish I had done my proper homework and figured out what it was beforehand. Would have gone for both 200 round lots. While I feel foolish I'm glad I got lucky and got it for about 30 cents per round. Ditto for the 9mm Largo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom