• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HotWheelsUMD

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern Balt Co, MD
    Hi everyone!

Been lurking MDS for a few years - finally looking to get more involved. The wealth of knowledge and experience here is incredible.

I'm relatively new to guns. I started shooting and picking up guns about 4 years ago (I'm 29 years old). I've got a Mossy HD shotgun, two .22 rifles, two Mosins (one round, one hex), a Boston PD service-issued Glock 19, and - on order from Freestate - a Walther PPK/S .22 and my first 1911, a S&W 1911SC in black. The Walther is mostly for my fiance to shoot, but I have a feeling that it's going to be a fun gun to shoot for anyone. The 100-or-so days to wait for the 1911 are going to be the longest 100-days of my life!

I've been shooting at Elk Neck about two-dozen times over the last few years. I like it - but it's such a haul to get up there and I've experienced some immature people there over the years. I'll probably join Freestate soon because it's so convenient.

Welcome. You have fine taste in firearms (I'll give you a bye on the Glock - the 19's my pick of the litter, and at least it's not a Fo-Tay.) The SW1911 SC is an excellent pick for a 1911, and comes with enough bells and whistles that you will not feel the need to upgrade for awhile, although everybody needs more than one 1911.

Glad your girlfriend is into shooting, also. It makes it that much more fun.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 131

capac2727

Aug 23, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Welcome fellow Parkviller! Or is it Parkvillian? Or maybe Parkvillion? Either way, good to see you on here. This place is a godsend for just about anything shooting related here in Marylandistan. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom