• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Thats awesome!
    I wish some Pro 2A businesses here in MD would have done something like that on the hearing days.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I applaud their actions, however don't get too excited. They didn't close their factory permanently, sounds like they closed it down for the day to bus its employees to the capital. Doesn't really sound like the politicians care.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    But...but...that's 300 less Colt Ar's that were made yesterday!! :sarcasm:

JK - good on them. I just wish they and Glock would join the no-sell crew.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I remember long ago when Colt suspended civilian sales, so they are indeed taking a step forward this time.

Most of the manufacturers, big and small, have changed for the better. Think about how different S&W and Ruger are today in comparison to the early 1990's. If gun owners and manufacturers stick together, we can win this fight along with future fights to come.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    I applaud their actions, however don't get too excited. They didn't close their factory permanently, sounds like they closed it down for the day to bus its employees to the capital. Doesn't really sound like the politicians care.

The point is ... they provided 400 additional bodies to make a point very clear. Its about strength in numbers and they made a bold move.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    But Beretta didn't bus their employees to Annapolis...

So ?
    Who has more at stake, the company that publicly said they would leave or the company that sent their employees down to protest ? Colt is a little late to the party and at the end of the day I don't see them actually doing much to bite the hand that feeds them.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Didn't post to get in a comment-fest with a Pony-hater, just thought it would be nice if our local manufacturer had swelled our ranks on the 6th, the 1st, and the 5th with their folks.

They did send a rep who made some fairly strong statements. We'll see if THEY follow through by actually moving or if they'll be satisfied if the legislature carves out a niche by excluding them from the stuff that will encumber all of us.

I'm done in this thread.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Didn't post to get in a comment-fest with a Pony-hater, just thought it would be nice if our local manufacturer had swelled our ranks on the 6th, the 1st, and the 5th with their folks.

They did send a rep who made some fairly strong statements. We'll see if THEY follow through by actually moving or if they'll be satisfied if the legislature carves out a niche by excluding them from the stuff that will encumber all of us.

I'm done in this thread.

tumblr_m59pk2YeIb1r5feico1_400.jpg

Sorry im not on the bandwagon to be excited it took them how long to step to the plate ? You are right Beretta did say something and we will see what they will do... Which is still more than what Colt has done. Call me when Colt join Larue and Spikes along with other companies boycotting NY or any state that infringes on our rights.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012

I'm done in this thread.

I'm in full agreement with you. That was the same point I was trying to make earlier. :thumbsup:

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    So ?
    Who has more at stake, the company that publicly said they would leave or the company that sent their employees down to protest ?

Talk is cheap. Otherwise we would be thanking MD State Senator Jim Brochin for his PUBLIC support of the 2A.

In this fight, we need all the firearm manufacturers we can get to be on our (the citizens') side. Sure it's a little late, but Colt could have kept the factory open and those 400 Colt employees wouldn't have shown to give power in numbers or to provide additional media coverage on firearm manufacturers supporting the citizen's right to bear arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom