• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The Maryland Shall Issue Website is: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

Call your Delagate and State Senator office. If you can't meet with them in person CALL THEM! If the representative is not available, ask to speak to their Chief of Staff. They can ignore an email. We need warm bodies in Annapolis for the hearing date. There will be a lot of paid Mommies Demanding Action there. We need you to show you give a crap. If you don't come down, if you don't work to beat this, you are part of the problem with this state. Mini Mike Bloomberg is funding Moms Demand Action. They have no facts or figures. They just say how guns are bad and no one should have them, regardless of the bill they are testifying for. We have the facts and figures. If we are outnumbered, who do you think gets the attention.

If you are curious, you can look up who is funding the delegates campaign. George Soros funds 206 organizations. One of the big donors for Delegate Atterbeary is SEIU, which is funded by George Soros. Mini Mike Bloomberg is sponsoring Moms Demand Action.

Get off your A$$ or do nothing and watch your 2A rights be taken from all of us.

They beat us because they have nothing but time and unlimited amounts of other peoples’ monies. We are being bankrupted fighting this s#it!

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I suppose it would be against the law to challenge the sponsor and co sponsor to mono a mono armored combat. I fat, old and in ill health, but I would be willing to armor up for a few last bouts.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    When building a cache, do not put all of your eggs in one basket. Spread them around. Make sure you have enough untraceable weapons to build at least 2 or 3. And from where I sit, don't bury them too deep, because the time to dig them up again is growing near.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    They will beat us if you sit at home and do nothing! I've been going to Annapolis every year since 2009. Our rights are threatened more this year than in 2013. Sit at home and do nothing and we are screwed. If you don't help, then don't complain. I'm sickened by the do nothing gun owners on this site. Lots of talk, but no action. Are you afraid of a bunch of Mommies? Man up and fight for your rights!

It takes less than 5 minutes to call your representatives. Shame on you if you can't even do that.

Last edited:

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania is heading down the same road.

Source? Evidence? Buddy of mine got his non-res carry permit in about 20 mins in Oct/Nov on the way back from a Steeler's game. He's from NY. Didn't see anything in the PA thread that indicates it is circling the blue drain.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Source? Evidence? Buddy of mine got his non-res carry permit in about 20 mins in Oct/Nov on the way back from a Steeler's game. He's from NY. Didn't see anything in the PA thread that indicates it is circling the blue drain.

Source / evidence is the Mini Mike Bloomturd funded AG that was installed a few years ago.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    How does this - or any firearm - registry make us safer? I don't get it. Maybe one of these legislators can explain it to me.

On that note: does anybody know if we have a registry of lawmakers yet? Like - where they live, what they do for hobbies, what their normal daily schedule is, where they work, what they invest in, etc.

I only ask because if registries are supposed to make us safer, wouldn't another registry like this make us even more safe?! Yay safety!

Now I know that doxxing government officials is illegal because of bullying. But this sure is a nice thought exercise, right? (Side note: giving information to the people of illegal - but bribing is okay. And bribing is especially okay from individuals out of state *cough*Bloomberg*cough*)

In summary: It's okay for the government to have all of your information, but you aren't allowed to have theirs!

Now I'm going to hit this "submit" button to prepare for my future in Maryland...

I'd like to see something similar to an SSBI run (AND PASSED) on pols before they're allowed to appear on a ballot.

I know, that is right up there with Term Limits... :rofl:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Sorry guys, I’m slow on the uptake. I read the bill but is it a ban, a registry, or a bit of both?

The state is threatening you with up to death if you don't give up your firearms. At least take 30 seconds to read the thing. It changes the feature test to 1 feature instead of 2 and updates the features to include pistols and essentially all semiauto rifles. You must pay a fee to register the ones you currently have if you wish to keep them, and the fee goes up to $1000/firearm depending on how long you wait.

This is one of those "f^ck you, come and take it" kind of things that people should at least read. The MSI summary is
    HB1261 is a new gun ban that's sponsored by House Leadership. The bill goes to a one-feature test of what makes an "assault weapon" and expands what those features are. This new definition of "assault weapons" would ban HBARs and a host of other guns, including .30 caliber ARs that have never been regulated firearms. Also banned are handguns in rifle calibers. There is a grandfather clause, of sorts, as it requires the registration of any firearm that meets the new definition and those who don't face imprisonment. The cost of registration is $290 for those who register before January 1st 2021 and goes up each year until it reaches a $1,000 per firearm. Sales and transfers of such guns would be prohibited.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    WTF do I have to pay a tax to keep what I already own? Isn’t that an ex post facto law?

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Wow. There is absolutely no reasonable thought behind how this can curb gun violence except to infringe on law abiding owners. This one doesn’t even pretend. This is one of the most egregious bills I’ve ever seen put forward here.

This will be a line in the sand for a lot of people.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Wow. There is absolutely no reasonable thought behind how this can curb gun violence except to infringe on law abiding owners. This one doesn’t even pretend. This is one of the most egregious bills I’ve ever seen put forward here.

This will be a line in the sand for a lot of people.

They are no more interested in fighting crime than the man in the moon. That's a large part of why our overwhelming factual evidence holds little to no sway where they are concerned.

They'll hide behind the crime fighting mantra when expedient to do so. But many of them don't even bother to try to espouse this ******** argument anymore. What they want is control, and they want it ideally for themselves personally.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    WTF do I have to pay a tax to keep what I already own? Isn’t that an ex post facto law?
    People keep saying this, but the bill does not actually specify a fee for registering your guns BEFORE the bill goes into effect. It is, presumably, just the free voluntary registration process we currently have.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

A correction to MSI’s summary. There is no stated cost to register. The $290 and increasing are civil fines if you FAIL to register by January 1, 2021.

The HB says you must own it by 10/1/2020. It must be registered by 1/1/2021. Failure to do so results in a fine upon registration of $290 starting 1/1/2021. It goes up in May of 2021 to November of 2022 to $580. And then again to finally end up being $1000 fine for voluntarily registering or being caught with one from November 2022 to May 2023.

After May 1, 2023 if you are caught with one, it is punishable by up to a year in prison.

PS nothing about the firearm being confiscated or being forced to register it if you are caught with it prior to 5/1/2023. Just know once that date is hit, you cannot legally possess it any more or register it.

It may be a bad assumption, but it is likely the current $10 fee to register as many firearms on a 77r as you’d like.

But the bill makes no mention of actual registration cost.

It also doesn’t mention if you purchased something on a 77r if you have to in effect register it again or how to find out if it is already registered. So a guessing game if you’d need to comply.

Also calibers that might be banned, but do I know? It says 7.62mm caliber for pistols as being banned and gives examples. But 7.62x25 isn’t mentioned. I suspect that would be banned in the end. But what about 7.62 Nagant or .30 luger? Those sure as shit aren’t “armor piercing” nor “rifle rounds” in a pistol. But they are “7.62mm caliber”.

Some manufacturers make pistol caliber loading that likely can or ARE known to penetrate at least IIa body armor and in a few cases IIIa. So does this mean all handguns in said caliber are now banned? Because that’ll probably only leave .45acp, 22lr, .38spc, 380 and .32acp.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Correction to my above. I was thinking of the background check fee for a 77r. Voluntary registration is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom