• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The Polymer80 has a slightly different and more comfortable grip angle. Thanks a look at those.

The BEST Glock I own is made by H&K and is the VP9.

Belgian Bad A$$

Tired of being ignored, living the single life!
    Feb 18, 2018
    Washington County, MD
    I have a 17c, a 34 and a 22. Of the 3, i prefer the 34. Dont ask me why but i feel really accurate with it. Like others have said, it's going to depend on your intended use. But either way, hard to beat a glock in my opinion.

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    I have two Gen3 21sf models, a 43, and a Gen3 17 that's currently enjoying a 7-day government-mandated vacation on my FFL's shelf. I own other items as well, but there's something about the simple & robust construction of Glocks that appeals to me.
    I love breaking my guns down and cleaning them after exercising them. Almost as much as making them go bang. :)

Andreas

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!!
    My choice was limited due to almost everything else being sold out!! So I had to pick between a used Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock 19. I went for the Gen 5. Waiting for my 7 day which started on Apr 3. Incidentally, based on my prior purchase between Feb 15 and April 3 there were 15768 applications in MD!!!

As far as I know the Gen 4 Glock is still available if anyone here is interested, it come with 1- 10 rd mag and case.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE ADVICE, AT THE END THE MARKET MADE THE DECISION FOR ME, I WAS SPLIT Between a 17, 19, or a 21....

Eye hart 762

Apr 8, 2019
    My choice was limited due to almost everything else being sold out!! So I had to pick between a used Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock 19. I went for the Gen 5.

Can’t go wrong with a 19 in any gen. If I didn’t have enough 9mm’s I would get a 19 to go along with my 17.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Any Glock is a good Glock. They are known worldwide for durability, consistency, and ease of use and maintenance. I have a G17 3rd Gen and a G26 3rd gen (use G17 mags exclusively in both with the mag sleeve on the G26).

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    You made a good choice with the Gen 5, definitely by far the best generation Glocks made. I’m a G17 guy but 19’s are great when they don’t have the finger grooves like you got. Plus gen 4’s have horrible triggers.

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!!
    My choice was limited due to almost everything else being sold out!! So I had to pick between a used Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock 19. I went for the Gen 5. Waiting for my 7 day which started on Apr 3. Incidentally, based on my prior purchase between Feb 15 and April 3 there were 15768 applications in MD!!!

As far as I know the Gen 4 Glock is still available if anyone here is interested, it come with 1- 10 rd mag and case.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE ADVICE, AT THE END THE MARKET MADE THE DECISION FOR ME, I WAS SPLIT Between a 17, 19, or a 21....

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    After shooting a 19 for several months including today, I'll say the 17 is better for me. I have a medium sized hand.
    I did an informal trial with 5 people over the past few range trips ending with my conclusion today (after the 6 week hiatus).
    Only 1 person (smaller hands) chose the 19 over the 17.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    After shooting a 19 for several months including today, I'll say the 17 is better for me. I have a medium sized hand.
    I did an informal trial with 5 people over the past few range trips ending with my conclusion today (after the 6 week hiatus).
    Only 1 person (smaller hands) chose the 19 over the 17.

I’ll admit I’ve only shot a 19 once. I’ve got medium sized hands for someone 6’1”. So probably a little above medium for all guys.

But a 17 and even a 21 fits my hands nicely. A 19 doesn’t fit as well. It isn’t uncomfortable, but a 17 is a nicer fit. I wouldn’t hesitate to have a 19 for a “full size” carry gun. But if picking a first Glock, the 17 is the one I’d pick (it is the one I picked).

I think I am still in denial that I am a Glock guy. I really like 1911s more. Yet I don’t own one. I do own a 17, a 21, an P80-17 and an P80-19 (the later still a block of plastic). Hankering for a 20L lone wolf slide for my G21 and a 6” 10mm barrel. And a G34 or 17L slide for my 17.

I’ve got a sickness.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    For me, the no finger grooves of Gen5 was a game changer. My wife's Gen3 19 just always felt like it was falling out of my hand. I could shoot it to save my life, but I certainly wasn't comfortable or confident. A 17 obviously still fits my big hands better, but my Gen5 19 doesn't give me any of the uncertainty that her Gen3 does.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Do some unbiased research, put a few, like the 17 and 19 in your hands, consider post #10 then decide what's best for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom