• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Looks like everyone had a good time, sorry I missed it. Was still recovering from a cold and couldn’t make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just saw the emailed results from practiscore, and it’s interesting to see just how little separates the really fast guys from the rest of us mortals. Encourages one to just have fun and keep at competing with oneself across matches. Good fun!

Mar 6, 2019
    If you liked stage 4 and have never tried, 3 Gun, then you really need to consider it. It is a ton of fun.

I’m scared of what might happen if I ever get into 3 gun. My wallet ran from the room when I read your post.

Just saw the emailed results from practiscore, and it’s interesting to see just how little separates the really fast guys from the rest of us mortals. Encourages one to just have fun and keep at competing with oneself across matches. Good fun!

It looks like there were a few bunches in the standings. Avoiding a little hiccup here or there and it’s possible to move to the next higher bunch. Pretty cool to see even incremental improvements should be visible.

Hopefully my schedule allows me to keep shooting these steel challenge events. It’s a bunch of fun. Even if what little I knew about proper shooting technique flew out the window after hearing “Standby”.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I’m scared of what might happen if I ever get into 3 gun. My wallet ran from the room when I read your post.

It looks like there were a few bunches in the standings. Avoiding a little hiccup here or there and it’s possible to move to the next higher bunch. Pretty cool to see even incremental improvements should be visible.

Hopefully my schedule allows me to keep shooting these steel challenge events. It’s a bunch of fun. Even if what little I knew about proper shooting technique flew out the window after hearing “Standby”.

Yeah, 3 gun is not too wallet friendly, which is probably why it is not as popular as IDPA, USPSA, etc. But it is three times the fun for sure.

It was good meeting you today. Next time I WILL shoot stage 4 with 45rds total.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You came close. I don’t know what kind of force field that plate rack had but it messed up some pretty good strings for just about everyone in our squad.

For our squad, it seemed that plate number three on the rack would see us start shooting, clutch its pearls, and fall over in a faint. Plate number four was bullet resistant.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Im not sure what was wrong with your squad. Just about everyone in ours was knocking down two plates at a time. Jedi type shit.

You probably forgot I was on your squad. At the rate of misses I having, I’m going to make one of our resident MDS ammo suppliers really happy.....

Mar 6, 2019
    Im not sure what was wrong with your squad. Just about everyone in ours was knocking down two plates at a time. Jedi type shit.

For our squad, it seemed that plate number three on the rack would see us start shooting, clutch its pearls, and fall over in a faint. Plate number four was bullet resistant.

Yeah. What Occam said. Of course the guys who looked like they were on the way to posting a very good time had more of those bullet dodging plates and less of the plates that fell after a mean look.

You came close. I don’t know what kind of force field that plate rack had but it messed up some pretty good strings for just about everyone in our squad.

On stage 4, I did both strings without a miss (albeit slow walking/limping) until the rack. The plate rack was a disaster for me. If I had to make an excuse, I would say the elevation wasn't something I was used to.

HobbyCollector was in our squad. I think he shot just before you.
    If I had to guess, I would say he has Pacific Islander in his heritage.

Mar 6, 2019
    On stage 4, I did both strings without a miss (albeit slow walking/limping) until the rack. The plate rack was a disaster for me. If I had to make an excuse, I would say the elevation wasn't something I was used to.

HobbyCollector was in our squad. I think he shot just before you.

If I had to guess, I would say he has Pacific Islander in his heritage.

That’d be a good guess. Hawaiian and a bunch of other stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_6805.jpg
      IMG_6805.jpg
      53.4 KB · Views: 218

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Big Thank You! to all the organizers and RSO's who made this happen :clap:

I wasn't aware of anyone who didn't have a great time.:party29:

It really felt like being right in the middle of MD shooting sports...I saw folks I knew from Delta Steel, AGC folks, Patriots, and MDSers, all in the same place (and somewhere fun...NOT under the opression in Annapolis:rolleyes:).

I wish I had a chance to meed all the MDSers face to face, but I have a funny feeling there will be opportunities at future matches. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be back for more :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom