• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    KAK has a kit with all the weights.

Odin Works makes a heavy SS adjustable buffer. It is pricey at $49.00 but it gives you 3.7 to 5.8 oz. At one point they were talking about letting you buy extra tungsten weights if you needed more I don't know if they followed through on that.

-AR15 comes with 3 aluminum, 3 stainless steel and 1 tungsten weights (Heavy: 3.7oz - 5.8oz)

https://www.odinworks.com/Adjustable_Buffer_p/os-abs.htm

I'll check them out...thanks!

Mar 6, 2019
    Just to close the circle on this one, I went with an adjustable gas block and decided to do a value muzzle brake for the free shipping. I contacted DelTon and they were willing to take a look at it if I sent the whole rifle back. Unfortunately they use 0.081 gas ports on their mid length systems so it would still be returning more gas than I’d like. Looking it up on Google I saw several charts that listed 0.070 to 0.086 as the gas port range.

I wound up opening the Odin Works Tunable gas block 1.75 turns. At 1.25 turns it failed to lock back after 200+ rounds so I gave it an extra half turn for dirty BCG in winter reliability. The Strike Industries King Comp added a little concussion but kept the rifle flat. Noise was very noticeably reduced from stock if you separated the concussion. Felt recoil was also much lower. Even though the actual recoil is higher, felt recoil is very light.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. They helped tame my AR.

Mar 6, 2019
    Well then on to your next one. Be careful. They breed like Tribbles

I’m sure I’ll accumulate enough spare parts that a second will be inevitable. I’ll try to keep them separated so they don’t breed too much. That’s the trouble with tribbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom