• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The thing is, O’Mao didn’t lose the nomination because of his stance on gun control, he’s a democrat after all. He lost because he ran MD into the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, most liberals don't think that he ran Maryland into the ground. Most liberals just didn't see him even close to as viable a candidate as Hillary or Sanders.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I refently heard hogan pushing a Supreme Court case on dems gerrymandering. He is no 2a hero at all but if he can help fix the jacked up map that allows steny to live in Mechanicsville and be elected by temple hills I will be forever grateful.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I really don’t expect us to get our rights back in Annapolis I think it will only happen through the courts. We’ve really been lucky to have this rino when you look at some of the other choices.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Nah, most liberals don't think that he ran Maryland into the ground. Most liberals just didn't see him even close to as viable a candidate as Hillary or Sanders.

Nope, you are wrong and rbird is correct, according to the New York Times, no less.

Note the mathematical fact (bolded) of Maryland Liberals abandoning O’Malley’s puppet in favor of a businessman who promised to staunch the bleeding caused by MoM and his fellow nitwits.

News Flash: MD Libtards think MoM ran MD into the ground.

Further, [Hogan] attacked Mr. [Anthony]Brown [Gov. O’Malley’s Lt. Governor], who was in charge of the disastrous and costly rollout of the state health care exchange. Maryland’s site crashed at the start of open enrollment, delaying the ability of many residents to sign up and costing the state tens of millions of lost dollars.

The number of voters who pulled the lever for Democrats for Congress yet voted for Mr. Hogan for governor was “greater than 20 percent,” said John T. Willis a professor of government and public policy at the University of Baltimore. “He wisely did not talk about any of the divisive social issues.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...n-stands-tall-in-democratic-maryland.amp.html

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Only the media who want trump to have a primary challenge think Hogan will go anywhere. MD politicians are worthless on the national stage bc no one knows who they are, and Gun Control Larry doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in Hell at getting the GOP nomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Larry the loser will go nowhere.

Even though his veto was overturned by the MGA, I think Hogan will be remembered as the Governor who killed small business in MD by allowing the $15 minimum wage to become law. Just like MOM is remembered as the Governor who killed big business in this state.

But the Rain Tax was MOM's Waterloo; I dread to think what Hogan's will be.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Why is it that the more i compare Gov. Hogan to O'Malley the only difference i see is that O'Malley would do it to your face and Hogan will do it behind your back. Gov Hogan is not going to do anthing for the the 2A rights in Md. He has aspirations to run for president. A Democrat in Republican disguise.

Because you’re looking at him through very biased, single-issue eyes. If he doesn’t openly fight for 2A rights, you label him a Dem and an OMalley look alike. Which is ridiculous.

Look at what just happened this week in the GA. Laws were passed, vetoed and overridden. Do you think an early start date for public schools or the $15 minimum wage appeal to more or less MD voters than 2A rights? Perhaps he’s actually a smart guy, who knows which battles to fight, where he has broad support, and where he doesn’t. Even though he didn’t win these issues, he exposed the Legislature on some positions that are unpopular to a lot of Maryland voters - even Dem voters.

2A rights don’t have that same type of larger support across Md voters. And he knows it. So rather than pick battles he knows he can’t win, he’s using his efforts to appeal to a broad range of voters and expose how pompous and out of touch with voters the GA leadership is .

Big ships change course slowly and Md is a BIG Dem ship. As long as we are 2:1 Dem, 2A rights, if won back at all, will be won very slowly. If you want near term change, you’re going to have to pin your hopes on Fed court decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    We all know Hogan will do nothing that helps us over the next 3 years, so who is an up and comer that is not a RINO? I think we need to start lookin lest we get a Jealous or Tony Shitstain.

The governor’s mansion will never get 2A rights expanded. You need to focus on the GA members. You know, the ones that actually write and vote on laws...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Because you’re looking at him through very biased, single-issue eyes. If he doesn’t openly fight for 2A rights, you label him a Dem and an OMalley look alike. Which is ridiculous.

Look at what just happened this week in the GA. Laws were passed, vetoed and overridden. Do you think an early start date for public schools or the $15 minimum wage appeal to more or less MD voters than 2A rights? Perhaps he’s actually a smart guy, who knows which battles to fight, where he has broad support, and where he doesn’t. Even though he didn’t win these issues, he exposed the Legislature on some positions that are unpopular to a lot of Maryland voters - even Dem voters.

2A rights don’t have that same type of larger support across Md voters. And he knows it. So rather than pick battles he knows he can’t win, he’s using his efforts to appeal to a broad range of voters and expose how pompous and out of touch with voters the GA leadership is .

Big ships change course slowly and Md is a BIG Dem ship. As long as we are 2:1 Dem, 2A rights, if won back at all, will be won very slowly. If you want near term change, you’re going to have to pin your hopes on Fed court decisions.

Is it?

Let's play a little Maryland Jeopardy.

Category: Red Flags and Bumpstocks

"I'll take 'Who Signed It Into Law' for a thousand, Alex."

He really exposed the Dems with that, so successful he was that his "Drive for Five" went "One for Five".

I'll take "Not Spending Political Capitol" for five hundred.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I'll take "Not Spending Political Capitol" for five hundred.

Bingo. I’d say that makes him wise, not an OMalley clone.

You know what he’s done? He’s held the GA accountable for passing laws that are contrary to public wishes. Publicly. When have you ever seen that?

He’s also holding Baltimore City government and Board of Ed accountable, publicly. And when they fail (and they always do) he steps in to start fixing the critical issues (crime and schools). Haven’t seen that from Dems, either.

He’s holding the Fed accountable over the BW Pkwy ... and wow, it’s getting fixed!

He also killed the great money pit in the City, formerly called the Red Line, and reinvested in infrastructure improvements to benefit more Marylanders (the ones that pay taxes), not just city residents.

No, he didn’t drive 2A issues. And while I realize this is a 2A forum, it’s naive and ridiculous to be so single issue focused that you label everyone who’s not out actively campaigning for 2A rights (at the cost of any good he might accomplish on a host of other issues) a liberal. I get it. He’s not doing enough on 2A to satisfy you. But the rest of your life (and mine) outside 2A issues is a whole lot better with Hogan in Annapolis than it was with OMalley (or any actual OMalley clone).

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    Well i live in western md and we dont see a lot of the improvements with infrastructure that those that live in the eastern part of the state. So that is why i question his methods.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Bingo. I’d say that makes him wise, not an OMalley clone.

You know what he’s done? He’s held the GA accountable for passing laws that are contrary to public wishes. Publicly. When have you ever seen that?

He’s also holding Baltimore City government and Board of Ed accountable, publicly. And when they fail (and they always do) he steps in to start fixing the critical issues (crime and schools). Haven’t seen that from Dems, either.

He’s holding the Fed accountable over the BW Pkwy ... and wow, it’s getting fixed!

He also killed the great money pit in the City, formerly called the Red Line, and reinvested in infrastructure improvements to benefit more Marylanders (the ones that pay taxes), not just city residents.

No, he didn’t drive 2A issues. And while I realize this is a 2A forum, it’s naive and ridiculous to be so single issue focused that you label everyone who’s not out actively campaigning for 2A rights (at the cost of any good he might accomplish on a host of other issues) a liberal. I get it. He’s not doing enough on 2A to satisfy you. But the rest of your life (and mine) outside 2A issues is a whole lot better with Hogan in Annapolis than it was with OMalley (or any actual OMalley clone).

Let's go with your argument and say he has done good or well with lots of issues which may be important for Maryland .

I ask you one very important question ,

What is more important then the Constitution and the Second Amendment , so to me when you or others say look at all the crap he is doing i call BS because i want our Federal & Local Government to follow the basic laws of our Founding Fathers .
    We would not have the issues we have in today's society if more politicians followed these documents . IMHO

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    He's "smart", he knows he can veto anything he wants and the GA will override his veto. This gives him cover and makes it look like "he tried". What I don't see from him is his speaking up on more conservative Republican issues. I do see him criticizing the Republican president and leading the way in signing anti-gun legislation. Sometimes you need to stand and be counted and all I see from our governor is sitting in a lawn chair thinking about Washington. Better than Jealous - sure, but that sets the bar pretty low.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    He's "smart", he knows he can veto anything he wants and the GA will override his veto. This gives him cover and makes it look like "he tried". What I don't see from him is his speaking up on more conservative Republican issues. I do see him criticizing the Republican president and leading the way in signing anti-gun legislation. Sometimes you need to stand and be counted and all I see from our governor is sitting in a lawn chair thinking about Washington. Better than Jealous - sure, but that sets the bar pretty low.

You’re ignoring where you live. If he were any more right than he is, we’d be addressing Governor Brown now, not Hogan. Baby steps.

I’m not saying he’s a conservative Republican. But the OP said he’s the same as OMalley, and that was my debate. My hope is that he’s waking up MD voters to fact that there is a middle ground, bringing them back from the far left. That would be huge. I hope his popularity carries into the next election where maybe another non-Dem can get elected. Perhaps one a bit right of Hogan. It will take time to move this ship.

You can’t eat an elephant all at once. It takes many small bites.

If we keep this discussion going, I’ll see how many more cliches I can spout!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Well i live in western md and we dont see a lot of the improvements with infrastructure that those that live in the eastern part of the state. So that is why i question his methods.

Always follow the money votes...

It doesn't make political sense to try to win over a population that consists of more trees than conservative people. That's the brutal truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom