• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    Check out this guy he spoke at CPAC. And is trying to change the way inner city votes on guns and views on liberty and why we need more minority’s to be informed on this issue. His name is Maj Toure look up other you tube videos he has. He has started Black guns Matter a movement to change inner city vote from blue to red.

https://www.pscp.tv/CPAC/1gqGvnEXWkeGB

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Maj is mentioned in 15 or 16 other posts here on MDS. I think Rack is already working with him.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Check out this guy he spoke at CPAC. And is trying to change the way inner city votes on guns and views on liberty and why we need more minority’s to be informed on this issue. His name is Maj Toure look up other you tube videos he has. He has started Black guns Matter a movement to change inner city vote from blue to red.

If we want more minorities to show up and speak up, then we need to speak up and out every time a minority gun owner is shot for just walking in an area with what "might" be a gun.

Philandro Castile, John Crawford, and Tamir Rice, all got zero play from any of the white, middle aged, overweight, gun owners. And until that changes, why would anyone of color want to stand with us, when we don't stand with them?

I'm as guilty as the next guy, but I intend to change that. Who else is going to as well?

bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    I agree 100%. That’s why I made this post to start the conversation. And I intend to keep talking about it to make real change.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Then let's start with the most recent one in the news:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/02/...eJYIl4hpVc4rZmOzesGz-DjvmlTgOhIOzGqjkx-N-FcZ0

Had this been a white guy in a white neighborhood, I think it would have ended differently. For the LEOs on here, this isn't LE bashing by any means, just pointing out the inequities.

Did you read the article? I disagree.. a white suspect in a white neighborhood doing exactly the same would most likely have suffered the same fate.

“Both officers believed that he was pointing a gun at them,” Ms. Schubert said. She added that police video showed Mr. Clark was “advancing” on the officers.

I haven't seen the video, but unless she was blatently lying, which should be easily proved or disproved, he ran around the corner, and then when they turned the corner he was advancing toward them with a cell phone in his hand, like a gun. He was either trying to bluff his way out, which is quite irrational, or wanted them to shoot.** Or, maybe he was hoping he lost them and was about to call for a ride.

Either way, if 2 cops chase someone around the corner and when they turn it that someone is coming back with something in their hand, someone is likely to get shot regardless of color.

** Upon rereading the article, I saw they found in his text messages he was considering/discussing suicide... makes the second possibility I mentioned much more likely.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    If we want more minorities to show up and speak up, then we need to speak up and out every time a minority gun owner is shot for just walking in an area with what "might" be a gun.

Philandro Castile, John Crawford, and Tamir Rice, all got zero play from any of the white, middle aged, overweight, gun owners. And until that changes, why would anyone of color want to stand with us, when we don't stand with them?

I'm as guilty as the next guy, but I intend to change that. Who else is going to as well?

I understand the point you are trying to make, but despite the media's claims a great many people actually make their minds up based on facts, not color.

Philandro Castile, in particular, is a bad example and doesn't support your narrative.

I have been stopped once while carrying. I handed over my dl and permit, and immediately put both hands on the wheel and told them I was carrying. My hands didn't leave the wheel again until the stop was over.

Castile basically informed the cop he was carrying, then proceeded to reach all around his body while being told about 5-7 times IIRC at ever increasing volume levels to stop reaching. That is why he was shot, not because of the color of his skin.

I would have expected the cop to act exactly the same way if it was a middle aged white dude (me, for example) behaving in that manner.

There are plenty of examples of unjustified shootings (ie, Walter Scott... shot in back fleeing a simple traffic stop).

It doesn't help your case to claim that every example of a POC being shot was because they were a POC, when its sometimes very clear it was their own behavior that caused it, not their race.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Baltimore was the first city he visited, outside of Philly, when he began his tour 3 years ago. We hosted him at a rec center in the same neighborhood the Freddy Gray riots occurred in.

uncfolife

Mar 3, 2017
    Fort Washington, MD
    I've never understood this. So I'm allowed to carry a gun but when stopped by a cop I have to freeze up and don't move or make any movements that may scare the cop and result in me being shot and killed. But when I'm stopped by a cop they are allowed to move there hands, they touch there gun and I'm never in fear of my life. They need to be in a different line of work if a slight movement of a persons hands ends up in dumping rounds into a legal gun owner.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I've never understood this. So I'm allowed to carry a gun but when stopped by a cop I have to freeze up and don't move or make any movements that may scare the cop and result in me being shot and killed. But when I'm stopped by a cop they are allowed to move there hands, they touch there gun and I'm never in fear of my life. They need to be in a different line of work if a slight movement of a persons hands ends up in dumping rounds into a legal gun owner.

Is it common for cops to pull people over, walk up to the window and shoot them at random and without provocation?

Because the opposite is fairly common... I don't have statistics but there are plenty of videos and documented cases.

And in Castile's case, it wasn't slight movement of the hands, it was reaching all over, in and under garments.

This is not the place for this discussion.
    OP, sorry for the detour.

uncfolife

Mar 3, 2017
    Fort Washington, MD
    It's not common for that to happen to cops if you look at the numbers. Both sides are pushing the false narrative. Very few cops are killed during traffic stops. Just as very few people are killed by cops during traffic stops.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It's not common for that to happen to cops if you look at the numbers. Both sides are pushing the false narrative. Very few cops are killed during traffic stops. Just as very few people are killed by cops during traffic stops.

Very few are killed by firearms during traffic stops. Being crashed into by a drunk while performing a traffic stop is probably THE top way for a cop to die in the US.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Very few are killed by firearms during traffic stops. Being crashed into by a drunk while performing a traffic stop is probably THE top way for a cop to die in the US.

In 2017 the most common cause appears to have been vehicular accidents, but that seems to not be the usual case.

I always thought that, but it's not true. #1 is getting shot.

In 2018, the most common cause of death was by firearm.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/deaths-of-police-officers-on-duty-on-the-rise-in-the-us

As it was in the 10 years prior to 2014 (data used to compile this list).

https://listosaur.com/miscellaneous/5-leading-causes-death-police-officers-killed-duty/

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Yeah, I'm not guilty. Check my posts on those men that were shot to death and you will see I was in their favor and not the LEO's favor.

Your post is spot on though. If the NRA and other gun owners only come to the aid of those shot to death that are "old", white men, then why would somebody that does not fit that description want anything to do with organizations like that.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Yes, but it sucks to be the innocent person, carrying concealed, that is shot to death during a traffic stop. Statistics favor carrying concealed, when it comes to being shot by an LEO in a traffic stop, but if the statistics happen to be against you that day, I doubt you would be saying "I'm fine with just being a statistic in the minority". If you live through it, I bet you would be screaming and hollering about it, and seeking the advice of an attorney for all the gun shot holes in your body.

krucam

Ultimate Member

uncfolife

Mar 3, 2017
    Fort Washington, MD
    Yes, but it sucks to be the innocent person, carrying concealed, that is shot to death during a traffic stop. Statistics favor carrying concealed, when it comes to being shot by an LEO in a traffic stop, but if the statistics happen to be against you that day, I doubt you would be saying "I'm fine with just being a statistic in the minority". If you live through it, I bet you would be screaming and hollering about it, and seeking the advice of an attorney for all the gun shot holes in your body.

My only point was if I'm pulled over I should not have to act like I've done something wrong and have my hands clutched to the steering wheel without being able to move in fear of a cop shooting me to death simply because i moved my hands and frightened him or her. I have much respect for cops and have several in my family. We all know it's a tough job BUT if you sign up for it you take the risk.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

IN!

As I learned in the service: "There's no such thing as race below ground level."

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Baltimore was the first city he visited, outside of Philly, when he began his tour 3 years ago. We hosted him at a rec center in the same neighborhood the Freddy Gray riots occurred in.

If my memory serves me, (and it does sometimes), it was you, dbls and me putting a little pale skin in the game that day. :thumbsup:

Fvck skin color. The name of the game is Liberty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom