• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brianczaw

Oct 7, 2015
    Harford County, MD
    I borrowed a dara holster for awhile from a friend, it was fairly comfy but didn't like the price tag. I ended up getting a CYA IWB for my Glock G19. I am really impressed with how it wears. I like to wear them slighty behind my side, when you do that you don't you know you have it on when sitting down. Here's a couple pics. oh yeah the best part, 30 some bucks for lifetime warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_5253.jpg
      IMG_5253.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 458
    • IMG_5252.jpg
      IMG_5252.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 460
    • IMG_5251.jpg
      IMG_5251.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 445

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I've got a cya for my g43. Great holster, vet owned company and unbeatable warranty.

Love it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Lots of holsters in the world, lots of high quality ones too. I go more with the company I like to work with and has great people skills and customer service.

TD

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Lots of holsters in the world, lots of high quality ones too. I go more with the company I like to work with and has great people skills and customer service.

TD
    And vet owned, nonetheless...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, but the ones that put their name on the holsters, cya on your 6, etc, are helpful when you lose the retention screws so you know who to contact for replacement.

Do "lifetime warranties" cover loose and lost retention screws?

How many retention screws are you losing? Holsters need their fair amount of attention (every time you use it) and "maintenance". Little bit of loc tite or even nail polish helps even the laziest person retain those screws.

Vedder included an extra one with my holster. Could have been a packing accident. I dunno.
    Alien Gear ( I hate their stuff) includes a shit ton of extra with their stuff I think.

Carry equipment is a whole system. Belt, holster, and mags all need just as much attention as the star of the show, the pistol.
    :party29:

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Do "lifetime warranties" cover loose and lost retention screws?

How many retention screws are you losing? Holsters need their fair amount of attention (every time you use it) and "maintenance". Little bit of loc tite or even nail polish helps even the laziest person retain those screws.

Vedder included an extra one with my holster. Could have been a packing accident. I dunno.
    Alien Gear ( I hate their stuff) includes a shit ton of extra with their stuff I think.

Carry equipment is a whole system. Belt, holster, and mags all need just as much attention as the star of the show, the pistol.
    :party29:

Yes, on 2 occassions I have lost retention screws and i called makers i had bought from but did not know who was the manuf of the particular holster.I offered to pay, and in both instances they declined to take money but sent the hardware. They are not universal so it might be hit or miss unless you knowmwhomthe manuf is. I bought 2 expensive off the grid owb holsters, not a brand to be found. But i have started to use the mid strength loctite and check the screws on all kydex holsters. Lesson learned the easy way.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, on 2 occassions I have lost retention screws and i called makers i had bought from but did not know who was the manuf of the particular holster.I offered to pay, and in both instances they declined to take money but sent the hardware. They are not universal so it might be hit or miss unless you knowmwhomthe manuf is. I bought 2 expensive off the grid owb holsters, not a brand to be found. But i have started to use the mid strength loctite and check the screws on all kydex holsters. Lesson learned the easy way.
    I remember when Off the grid started. That guy thinks his shit is made of gold.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I remember when Off the grid started. That guy thinks his shit is made of gold.

i am not sure i see the reason for a $80-90 kydex holster, but i bought one and then the next. And those are for really common, garden variety, pistols. They are very nice. As i wrote, not a mark on them to indicate who made them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom