• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is why I no longer regulalrly sign in, read every thread, and send donations to support MDS. I don’t enjoy the bickering, but let’s be honest. AOB did absolutely nothing wrong. He wasn’t attacking anyone personally. He was stating a fact. Apparently, a few members and a moderator here are just too thin-skinned to acknowledge the truth.

Kudos to those that were able to turn out on short
    notice. The quick mobilization and well organized response is why the PP message gets out on social media and even the television news. What have the whiners and naysayers accomplished recently?

No, it's not true and you saying it doesn't make it so.

The real truth is that a sizeable number of people are telling us that they are sick and tired of the hubris from those that are able to attend events as they level their shaming comments towards those that cannot.

Those of us that have been in the game for a lot longer than anyone of the lead shamers managed to avoid that fatal trap when we were running things.

This board belongs to everyone, not just those that belong to or affiliate with any one group or organization.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    This rings a bit hollow as certain folks over in the MD 2A forum shame, belittle, badger, and name call those who have chosen to make a principled vote against Hogan in this election.

They are allowed to do so ad naseum.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

The real truth is that a sizeable number of people are telling us that they are sick and tired of the hubris from those that are able to attend events as they level their shaming comments towards those that cannot.

Those of us that have been in the game for a lot longer than anyone of the lead shamers managed to avoid that fatal trap when we were running things.

This board belongs to everyone, not just those that belong to or affiliate with any one group or organization.

I do not agree with you. I have been fighting this battle long before this board was ever formed. We have people I have never met, boviating their superior knowledge of everything firearms related, and proclaim how bad the firearms laws are in Maryland. But can't show up for a simple rally. Frankly, they are are detrimental to the cause. Maybe they should stay in the rice cooker thread. No one is forcing people to read what they don't agree with. I'm about to call it quits here as well. Divide and conquer, that is the plan by the antis and it's working.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This is why I no longer regulalrly sign in, read every thread, and send donations to support MDS. I don’t enjoy the bickering, but let’s be honest. AOB did absolutely nothing wrong. He wasn’t attacking anyone personally. He was stating a fact. Apparently, a few members and a moderator here are just too thin-skinned to acknowledge the truth.

Kudos to those that were able to turn out on short
    notice. The quick mobilization and well organized response is why the PP message gets out on social media and even the television news. What have the whiners and naysayers accomplished recently?

This kind of horseshit is why I also don't sign in so much anymore.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

What’s not true? AOB clearly wasn’t adressing
    any specific member. Moreover, his comment didn’t seem directed “towards those that cannot” attend such events for good reason. For example, it was impossible for me to attend on short notice for logistical reasons, and I was not the least bit offended or put off by AOB’s observation. He addressed the entire membership (at least those that wanted to follow that thread), and noted there are many than can but simply won’t get off their couches. So speaking the truth got him a 30 day vacation. Wow! It was wrong. That’s my personal observation addressed to all members.

What is all this nonsense about shaming and “lead shamers?” If the facts make someone uncomfortable they should buck up, or go hang out in another thread. That’s what most of us do.

BTW, the hypocrisy in your statement that “this Board is for everyone” is astounding under the circumstances. Apparently that isn’t truly the case, as the mods have chosen sides. Just ask AOB and the next member to get the ban hammer for simply stating facts. I never thought MDS members would need safe spaces. Unfortunately, it turns out I was wrong.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Alas, for those of us that strongly oppose the Red Flag law, Mr Hogan's message to us is quite simple.

:sad20:

th

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    What’s not true? AOB clearly wasn’t adressing
    any specific member. Moreover, his comment didn’t seem directed “towards those that cannot” attend such events for good reason. For example, it was impossible for me to attend on short notice for logistical reasons, and I was not the least bit offended or put off by AOB’s observation. He addressed the entire membership (at least those that wanted to follow that thread), and noted there are many than can but simply won’t get off their couches. So speaking the truth got him a 30 day vacation. Wow! It was wrong. That’s my personal observation addressed to all members.

What is all this nonsense about shaming and “lead shamers?” If the facts make someone uncomfortable they should buck up, or go hang out in another thread. That’s what most of us do.

BTW, the hypocrisy in your statement that “this Board is for everyone” is astounding under the circumstances. Apparently that isn’t truly the case, as the mods have chosen sides. Just ask AOB and the next member to get the ban hammer for simply stating facts. I never thought MDS members would need safe spaces. Unfortunately, it turns out I was wrong.

No.

We have repeatedly said that we are sick and tired of the hubris from those that while undertaking the admirable responsibility to advocate for important causes, then turn around and shame those that are unable to dedicate the same amount of effort.

It has been said time and time again that it needs to stop and unfortunately it has gotten to the point where we have to be heavy handed because it hasn't worked to let people police themselves.

You don't get people to do more stuff by berating them. It simply doesn't work.

The only people wanting safe spaces are the ones getting their pee pees slapped for being jerks.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I do what I can ti support the Bill of Rights, so sadly ignored in MD.

I contribute as much of my fixed income to support candidates nationwide who represent the ideals I seek in political leaders.

I vote my conscience.

I take a visible stand in Annapolis during GA sessions, and testify to those who care not a fig about my opinions.

I stand with those who adamantly disagree with policies which they deem unconstitutional and illegal; I do this publicly, in person, in front of those who reject everything I stand for.

It sorrows me to see how few are willing to stand alongside. While I do not necessarily agree with every aspect of those with whom I stand, I honor and respect them for their willingness to step forward, and am honored to stand alongside each and every one of them.

I understand the frustration of many of these men and women, who put themselves forward to struggle against the oppression of this one-party State. I do not condemn anyone for expressing this frustration. nor do I condemn those who feel that facing up to abusive authority is not productive. I do feel that they are badly mistaken, however.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    We are not going to get any more evidence in either direction. The police have released thier official statement, there is no body can footage, and the only surviving witness are going to say whatever they can to keep thier jobs because they killed a man.

Pure speculation on your part. And it is not right, is just like saying every person that owns a firearm is dangerous. And your accusation, that the officers involved are not telling the truth. Your no better than the Anti-gun Grabbers.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    If you weren't there, how can you say that he disobeyed a lawful order and reached for his gun?

How can you say he didn't? Other than to say the police are lying, which is what I would expect from some BLM activist. People need to stop and think. If you want to put an end to this "Red Flag" law then you need to gather support. I'm sure the Police Union and Association are not happy with it. I'm sure the officers that went there didn't want to go.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Pure speculation on your part. And it is not right, is just like saying every person that owns a firearm is dangerous. And your accusation, that the officers involved are not telling the truth. Your no better than the Anti-gun Grabbers.

I think Rabbi , is just stating facts . I don't see how he accused , he sure is not an anti .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Although you may disagree with his post I can assure you the he and his lovely wife are the furthest thing from antis or gun grabbers and are the type of folk that you would want in your fox hole if SHTF. Man up and apologize.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    MD statute prohibits demonstrations outside of official’s homes

That’s why we go see Frosh at his ice cream socials instead of in front of his house

Exception is Larry’s house

I would wonder if that would withstand legal challenge; as long as you are in public, I don't think they can restrict you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom