• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Maybe Hogan should start a public debate about the MGA's actions now, expressing his concerns about its fairness, propensity for abuse, and constitutionality before he takes action on it. Force Miller and Company to defend it and make their case to the public that it's fair, won't be abused, and constitutional.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Wouldn't that be considered hearsay unless that neighbor swears out a complaint? A police officer can't act on someone else's fear unless the officer witnesses the crime.

IANAPO

This entire POS bill is predicated on the misguided belief that it's Better To Be Safe Than Sorry.

We now live in a country where it's better to step on a citizen's constitutional rights and personal freedoms than it is to have one Unicorn unnecessarily harmed.

Police officers in Maryland, beginning October 1, 2018, will be forced to go into full blown CYA mode. They will take every complaint seriously. Because they won't want to be THE police officer who dropped the ball and got that poor Unicorn killed. That officer would be crucified. As a warning to all other officers.

The new state motto, painted on every police cruiser and government vehicle, will be "Better Safe Than Sorry" or "Seize First - Rights Second"

From 1775 to 1984 in 243 years. Hard to believe.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This entire POS bill is predicated on the misguided belief that it's Better To Be Safe Than Sorry.

We now live in a country where it's better to step on a citizen's constitutional rights and personal freedoms than it is to have one Unicorn unnecessarily harmed.

Police officers in Maryland, beginning October 1, 2018, will forced to go into full blown CYA mode. They will take every complaint seriously. Because they won't want to be THE police officer who dropped the ball and got that poor Unicorn killed. That officer would be crucified. As a warning to all other officers.

The new state motto, painted on every police cruiser and government vehicle, will be "Better Safe Than Sorry" or "Seize First - Rights Second"

From 1775 to 1984 in 243 years. Hard to believe.

Since everyone wanted cops to have body cams, they they will act on any complaint.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Adding a new question to the 4473 yet?
    Is the clause that says no liability when filing a complaint still in there, then a ill informed LEO need not worry? Just a thought (nothing against leo’s). I would love to see the form to file a complaint ( name and address is all that’s needed).
    MDs swamp is difficult to drain.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is the clause that says no liability when filing a complaint still in there, then a ill informed LEO need not worry? Just a thought (nothing against leo’s). I would love to see the form to file a complaint ( name and address is all that’s needed).

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

No, MD does not control 4473. But they do have to add a question to the 77r. "are the you respondent of an ERPO..."

It is unclear how this would be enforced for shotguns and long guns. Seems likely they have to shove this in NICS as a state prohibitor. I foresee some epic lawsuits over getting NICS cleared.

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    In between lighting up MGA and Hogan, I've been explaining to others how bad this bill is. This am, I texted a bunch of fudds to contact Hogan even if they we're complacent before. One said, "MGA would never pass something like this". My reply wasn't too polite.. They f@@@g passed it last night!!!! Soooo if someone knows u hunt on your own property and they don't like that, the police can raid your house... If someone in your son's school knows he hunts with you and they don't like it, police can raid your house. Your ex from nasty divorce has a grudge, police can raid your house"

Finally, the lightbulb went off with him... Only chit we've been preaching for how long?!?!?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I emailed Hogan asking him to VETO this bill. I pointed out that this bill could be used as another SWAT-ing tool by malicious people. It has the potential to destroy the life savings of a person with a legally obtained gun collection.

I pointed out that this won't stop battered wives or suicidal individuals.

I'm frustrated, but I'm not giving up.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    For what it's worth.

"I encourage you to veto the two recently passed bills cited.

HB3102 allows for the violation of one's Second Amendment Constitutional rights based on the subjective concerns and opinions of others. It is clearly vulnerable to abuse by private citizens and government officials with an anti-gun agenda. It is yet another step on the slippery slope this government is treading toward suspension of the Second Amendment of the Constitution.

Similarly HB819 creates further obstacles to the already effectively suspended right of average citizens to carry firearms.

I am disgusted and dismayed by the State of Maryland's disregard for the Constitutional rights of law-abiding tax-paying citizens on this issue. I encourage you to take the right, moral and legal action by vetoing these bills."

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Hogan live on FB signing bills now. No idea if this monstrosity will be among them.

Edit: Looks like it's the school safety bill and the health care bill, among 112 others. They cut the stream as he said "now let's sign some bills."

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Wouldn't that be considered hearsay unless that neighbor swears out a complaint? A police officer can't act on someone else's fear unless the officer witnesses the crime.

IANAPO
    This bad bill authorizes them to do so.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That 2000 character limit sure does stink. I had to make it short and sweet. I guess I will have to mail a longer complaint to this Bill. However if he's signing Bills today, this Bill will probably be one that he signs. Get it over quickly before he can take to much heat.

This state disgusts me more and more, every day I'm a resident. I wish my wife could retire early, I'd be gone tomorrow.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    That 2000 character limit sure does stink. I had to make it short and sweet. I guess I will have to mail a longer complaint to this Bill. However if he's signing Bills today, this Bill will probably be one that he signs. Get it over quickly before he can take to much heat.

This state disgusts me more and more, every day I'm a resident. I wish my wife could retire early, I'd be gone tomorrow.

Same here. She's the only entity keeping me in this state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom