• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Everyone needs to hear about this. We should welcome them all with open arms and voices.

True, and I'd just like to say 'Hi' to those who would like to make us go away into the shadows.

Don't think it's going to play out the way you'd like it to.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I also just sent this information to Michael Anthony Peroutka who is Chair of the Anne Arundel County Council... he is a staunch supporter of Constitutional Rights and has regular air-time on some of the local radio stations. Wanted to make sure he knew about what was happening in his back yard.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    We need to get the video from all of the cameras in the area. I know the place has to be flooded with cameras. What do we need to do to get copies of that video?

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Okay, since I am able to raise hell, I wrote to Michael Wilson this morning and received a reply that appears to be spin to me. The following is what I wrote and then his reply.

Chief Wilson,

As a veteran, the son of a retired Baltimore City police Sergeant, and a patriot, the arrest the other night of two lawful protesters in Annapolis by your department is completely unacceptable and was a clear violation of The First Amendment which your department swears an oath to uphold!

When you receive unlawful requests from lawmakers to shut down the protests, you need to remember this oath and let the lawmakers know they are requesting you to direct your officers to violate the law!

You are ultimately accountable and if you take no action on this matter to insure it does not happen again, you will be confirming that you are part of the problem and should resign!

I would not be surprised to find thousands at the pickets next week. We are freedom loving Americans. We are not your enemy! We are regular people that enjoy a sport that is under increasing pressure from liberal lawmakers that pass laws based upon emotion and not facts or logic. This is why we have such goofy(technical term) laws!

Your department needs some training at the very least.

The arresting officers used hinge cuffs on these two gentlemen and placed their hands behind their backs which is not the way they are intended to be used. This caused injury and your officers appeared to do this intentionally.

Remember the Battle of Athens. If you are unfamiliar, you should look it up. Your department's purpose is public safety, not political bullying.

Sincerely,

Nick Caprinolo III

Veteran, Free Citizen

Chief Wilson's reply:

The Maryland Capitol Police are responsible for providing a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties, and to secure buildings that are located on state property.

The Maryland Capitol Police responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue. Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicle failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall

After three (3) request to move their location to allow for pedestrians to freely use the sidewalk, crosswalks and to reduce conditions for distracted vehicle operators approaching the intersection, two individuals declined and were subsequently arrested for Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances.

Notice that he fails to address the hinge cuffs and the charges were changed to "Disorderly Conduct, bla bla bull..."

I am not sure, but the reply looks like something he would have made as a public statement in an effort to defend the illegal actions of his officers instead of an individually written email reply. I am guessing he spent the morning trying to cover his arse!

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    "reduce conditions for distracted vehicle operators approaching the intersection" Wouldn't a good looking woman in a short skirt cause the same problem? Is this really a police concern - something interesting on the side of the road?

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Okay, since I am able to raise hell, I wrote to Michael Wilson this morning and received a reply that appears to be spin to me. The following is what I wrote and then his reply.

Chief Wilson,

As a veteran, the son of a retired Baltimore City police Sergeant, and a patriot, the arrest the other night of two lawful protesters in Annapolis by your department is completely unacceptable and was a clear violation of The First Amendment which your department swears an oath to uphold!

When you receive unlawful requests from lawmakers to shut down the protests, you need to remember this oath and let the lawmakers know they are requesting you to direct your officers to violate the law!

You are ultimately accountable and if you take no action on this matter to insure it does not happen again, you will be confirming that you are part of the problem and should resign!

I would not be surprised to find thousands at the pickets next week. We are freedom loving Americans. We are not your enemy! We are regular people that enjoy a sport that is under increasing pressure from liberal lawmakers that pass laws based upon emotion and not facts or logic. This is why we have such goofy(technical term) laws!

The arresting officers used hinge cuffs on these two gentlemen and placed their hands behind their backs which is not the way they are intended to be used. This caused injury and your officers appeared to do this intentionally.

Remember the Battle of Athens. If you are unfamiliar, you should look it up. Your department's purpose is public safety, not political bullying.

Sincerely,

Nick Caprinolo III

Veteran, Free Citizen

Chief Wilson's reply:

The Maryland Capitol Police are responsible for providing a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties, and to secure buildings that are located on state property.

The Maryland Capitol Police responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue. Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicle failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall

After three (3) request to move their location to allow for pedestrians to freely use the sidewalk, crosswalks and to reduce conditions for distracted vehicle operators approaching the intersection, two individuals declined and were subsequently arrested for Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances.

Notice that he fails to address the hinge cuffs and the charges were changed to "Disorderly Conduct, bla bla bull..."

I am not sure, but the reply looks like something he would have made as a public statement in an effort to defend the illegal actions of his officers instead of an individually written email reply. I am guessing he spent the morning trying to cover his arse!

So a Pedestrian Struck by a vehicle in a crosswalk caused a Protester on the SIDEWALK to get arrested. Wouldn't they make better use of their time and resources stopping vehicles that fail to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. Again blamed for something we didn't do.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

Chief Wilson,

Sincerely,

Nick Caprinolo III

Veteran, Free Citizen

Chief Wilson's reply:

Same Canned response of the spokesperson... Can of BS.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Just FYI - traffic cameras are generally not recorded - just live feeds. Or so that is my understanding anyway.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just FYI - traffic cameras are generally not recorded - just live feeds. Or so that is my understanding anyway.

But there are cameras all over that place. Not traffic cameras. Look at the picture of Rack being interviewed today. On the corner of the building, you can see an panning camera. I'm sure that camera (among others) we trained on the PP last night.

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    Note the spin: “responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit.” Implying permits are required for political action on a public sidewalk.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    But there are cameras all over that place. Not traffic cameras. Look at the picture of Rack being interviewed today. On the corner of the building, you can see an panning camera. I'm sure that camera (among others) we trained on the PP last night.

Understood. Somebody mentioned traffic camera footage a bit farther up. Yes, there are other types of cameras around - ATM, security, etc. that may be recorded. The traffic cameras around here are typically the tube looking ones you see at a lot of intersections (not to be confused with red light or speed cameras).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom