• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What kind of belt do you like best?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I don't edc anymore . . . Maryland. I did when I lived in Florida. I wear it for idpa and classes. Pistol, mags, etc.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've gradually moved over to pretty much only wearing belts that can do double duty, normal belt, and carry belt if needed. I find that these better quality belts last so much longer and are more versatile.

I think if one were to buy one really good quality belt ($50-100), they would save a lot of money over their life, from having to purchase so many cheaper $10-$20 belts that only last a year or less.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Simply Rugged is great. I have two of their belts which are also my everyday wear. I also have several holsters. Fantastic quality leather products.

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    I've got an Ares belt, done two classes with it and some CCW. Holds everything well, very still. Only thing that's a pain is its the cobra buckle model so it's a bit of a pain to take on/off. If I do it again I'll get a different buckle.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've got an Ares belt, done two classes with it and some CCW. Holds everything well, very still. Only thing that's a pain is its the cobra buckle model so it's a bit of a pain to take on/off. If I do it again I'll get a different buckle.

The pain being that the right buckle portion doesn't fit under belt loops. So you have to take it off, thread your belt and then re thread the buckle in front after the last belt loop, then buckle.
    Not a big deal considering you have to fck around with the other shit you're putting on the belt.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The pain being that the right buckle portion doesn't fit under belt loops. So you have to take it off, thread your belt and then re thread the buckle in front after the last belt loop, then buckle.
    Not a big deal considering you have to fck around with the other shit you're putting on the belt.

For some reason, being able to press the buckle under belt loops (from the other direction) never crossed my mind. This makes so much more sense if trying to put on a left handed holster or accessories on the left side.

I'll skim up and see if you recommended a belt/buckle that can do this.

Thanks!

Jeepman

Army, Infantry, 'Murica
    Oct 30, 2007
    I wear, daily, a Desantis E25, from MidwayUSA. It's the first civilian gun belt I've ever bought and I'm happy with it. A 4" S&W M66 in a Threepersons style holster feels great. I do carry it while deer hunting on private property - we do have a bit of a feral dog problem in Dorchester County. I have an M 12 military holster for my 1911, it's a bit much with that belt but it works.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For some reason, being able to press the buckle under belt loops (from the other direction) never crossed my mind. This makes so much more sense if trying to put on a left handed holster or accessories on the left side.

I'll skim up and see if you recommended a belt/buckle that can do this.

Thanks!

Well, those ares gear and Jones tactical belts requires the right buckle to be removed (on standard loops: jeans), to be threaded. The cobra buckles, it needs to be removed anyway because they won't fit through holster slots.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The ranger belt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1440682809094.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1440682809094.jpg
      36.7 KB · Views: 295

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Chevellnut and I have a goody bag coming from Lenwood Leather full of belts and holsters to try out. Stay tuned for a dedicated thread in the depot section and post in this thread!

I have one Lenwood product now and the quality is great!

http://www.lenwood.com/

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Chevellnut and I have a goody bag coming from Lenwood Leather full of belts and holsters to try out. Stay tuned for a dedicated thread in the depot section and post in this thread!

I have one Lenwood product now and the quality is great!

http://www.lenwood.com/

Did I miss your review? Link to your youtube video on it?

Also, in posting this thread else where, I found that SimplyRugged changed their buckle. I wonder if my email to them about the buckle had anything to do with the change. Their current belt is even better than the one I bought a few years ago. I also see they have a cape buffalo belt now too. For about $120, that's a belt that should last a lifetime.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Anyone have experience with this Underlord/Overlord system?
    www.stormridergear.com

The under,/ over I don't know. I just got the warlord regular belt and wouldn't use it for anything to do with a pistol. Not stiff at all. I'd tuck an iwb on it. That's about it. I started a thread in the Depot. section. But their better belt system seems better, for that application.

montyw2

Feb 11, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    The under,/ over I don't know. I just got the warlord regular belt and wouldn't use it for anything to do with a pistol. Not stiff at all. I'd tuck an iwb on it. That's about it. I started a thread in the Depot. section. But their better belt system seems better, for that application.

Thanks Blaster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom