• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Forgot to add that the BCG and sling were accompanied by the Constitution courtesy of Ares Armory!

Attachments

• IMG_2109.JPG
      IMG_2109.JPG
      85.5 KB · Views: 459

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Forgot to add that the BCG and sling were accompanied by the Constitution courtesy of Ares Armory!

Larue Tactical does the same thing. I received one of their scope mounts recently. Also in the box were three pocket constitutions, a jar of "Dillo Dust" dry rub, two kickass bumper stickers, and a "tactical beverage entry device"... It's awesome to deal with companies that get it. :thumbsup:

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    Did any of you guys get a tracking number? Either way how many business days did it take for it to get to your house?

I'm okay with no tracking number, but all they sent me was that they got my order. IT's been several days so I'm hoping they atleast shipped it so it will come in next week with my other stuff. :D

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    So, has anybody put one of these BCGs through some testing yet? (Or their parkerized BCGs) They look fine, the price is right, but will they hold up? I do notice that they use 8620 steel, not the milspec Carpenter 158, so I have to wonder.

Any experiences with the parts from Ares?

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Did any of you guys get a tracking number? Either way how many business days did it take for it to get to your house?

I'm okay with no tracking number, but all they sent me was that they got my order. IT's been several days so I'm hoping they atleast shipped it so it will come in next week with my other stuff. :D

It was only a few days - ships from the left coast though so has to breakout of the stupidity force field to make it across 'Murica! :D

So, has anybody put one of these BCGs through some testing yet? (Or their parkerized BCGs) They look fine, the price is right, but will they hold up? I do notice that they use 8620 steel, not the milspec Carpenter 158, so I have to wonder.

Any experiences with the parts from Ares?

No - planning on going to the range early next week

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland

I got two emails with my order. One was the order confirmation, and another when the order was processed and shipped. The second email came with a tracking numb for USPS.

raheelc

Aug 31, 2014
    Thinking of picking up one of these, would love to hear some feedback from those of you who have bought one once they have been put through some rounds

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC

Correcting myself here, the carriers are indeed milspec, it's the bolts that are different (9310 steel vs C158), which seems to be fine as long as the 9310 is properly heat treated.

So if anybody has one of their BCGs, do share how it holds up!

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Has anyone short their Ares Armor yet? Just curious budget is stretched way thin and could stand to save a little. Going out on a limb any chance anyone has any experience with Spartan Billet uppers as well? I want something to go wth my EA lower and like the Spartan look.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom