• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I got it!!!

Sent my Form 1 for Sig P556, to make an SBR, to MSP on 9/9/13, got it in the mail today, 1/15/14. It is off to ATF tomorrow! The part I was worried about seems to be over. I can wait a long time for something I know will happen. Just wasn't sure about the CLEO part due to the new law.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I got it!!!

Sent my Form 1 for Sig P556, to make an SBR, to MSP on 9/9/13, got it in the mail today, 1/15/14. It is off to ATF tomorrow! The part I was worried about seems to be over. I can wait a long time for something I know will happen. Just wasn't sure about the CLEO part due to the new law.

Good to hear... again ;) Based on your timeline it seems we will not know if MSP is signing off on post-Oct 1st Form 1's, for another month. We'll see, said the blind man.

GB_user

Jan 22, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I receive the forms that I dropped off Sep 10 2013 at the MSP for CLEO signoff in the mail today too! They signed them Jan 13.

This was for two Engage E4 lowers on Form1s to make SBRs (26.5inch and 30 inch) and one form 4 for a suppressor.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    I receive the forms that I dropped off Sep 10 2013 at the MSP for CLEO signoff in the mail today too! They signed them Jan 13.

This was for two Engage E4 lowers on Form1s to make SBRs (26.5inch and 30 inch) and one form 4 for a suppressor.

Well... at least they're consistent with their slowness. Approximately four months for MSP Form1/4 sign-offs. At this rate we should possibly see post-Oct 1st sign-offs, this time next month. Although, I think MSP is going to poop out an "interpretation" before that happens.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    44921150_zpsee5d079b.jpg

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So, Delegate Smigiel finally got an e-mail reply back from Tom Willaims (Legislative Liaison) at MSP on how they measure OAL.

MSP said:
    Date: Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    Subject: Fwd: Barrel length
    To: Andi Morony <andimorony@gmail.com>

How length is measured.
    Tom

http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-2.pdf

Under the first diagram there is a description of how ATF measures.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Yeah, to me that says "dedication" rather than "unprofessional". Note that the email was sent at 10PM. The trooper was probably at home when he replied. If anything, he deserves a pat on the back.

Exactly.

I know many people that work from smart phones, myself included. We do it because we're dedicated, and we don't always have access to laptop or desktop computer.Sometimes it's more efficient.

01Stroker4x4

Dec 3, 2012
    Fallston, MD
    I am not exactly sure if this means what everyone is waiting on so don't hold me accountable.

Submitted eForm: September 30 2013.
    Check Cashed: September 30 2013.
    Pending: October 18 2013. ( Due to the government shutdown it was not changed to pending until the Agent clarified the manufacturer of the lower)
    Approved: January 17 2014

AR-15 SBR 5.56
    Barrel Length. 7.5"
    OAL: 26.5"

The date of my digital signature on the approved form was 10/18, but since my money was taken 9/30 up to this point I would have assumed the date in September to be to be the one determining if it would be approved or not.

Soooooo Maybe this means yes?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The bigger question if I read all this correctly is that it remains to be seen is if MSP will sign off on a Form 1 or 4 after Oct.1. I don't think the BATFE was the main concern.

Last edited:

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    What if you by-pass MSP with a Trust, will it still be confiscated by MSP even after Approved by BATFE?

The above question is reference buying/making an SBR after Oct 1, 2013?

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    What if you by-pass MSP with a Trust, will it still be confiscated by MSP even after Approved by BATFE?

That being probably the worst case scenario. But really, no one knows the answers to these questions. I'm sure whomever that might happen to, they'll have their day in court and fight to get their firearm back.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena

That being probably the worst case scenario. But really, no one knows the answers to these questions. I'm sure whomever that might happen to, they'll have their day in court and fight to get their firearm back.

If you ever got a trust start package from Rusty, he included a FAQ pdf covering a lot of potential questions. One part of the FAQ was this. hopefully im not taking this out of context. If this is not supposed to be posted I will remove it promptly and ask anyone who quotes it to delete it. thanks.

A trust functions as a separate person and is subject not only to Estates and Trusts statutory laws and common law on the topic but also all other laws of the state in which the trust resides. Therefore, if Maryland passed a law mandating the confiscation of ALL firearms, then the firearms that you placed in trust would still be subject to that mandate. Nothing in statutory law or common law shields trust property from other statutory requirements

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I asked what I asked ref the Trust because MSP can be bypassed for the SBR approval straight from the BATFE with a Trust. I have a Trust and with what I saw coming from SHOT this week that TROY will be making in SBR's. I plan on buying an SBR or 2 in various calibers. The 5.56 PDW model is 20 inches long from tip to tail.

I was not asking if a Trust protected the firearms from confiscation if that were to be done/passed in Md.

But I do appreciate the information you posted :)

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I asked what I asked ref the Trust because MSP can be bypassed for the SBR approval straight from the BATFE with a Trust. I have a Trust and with what I saw coming from SHOT this week that TROY will be making in SBR's. I plan on buying an SBR or 2 in various calibers. The 5.56 PDW model is 20 inches long from tip to tail.

I was not asking if a Trust protected the firearms from confiscation if that were to be done/passed in Md.

But I do appreciate the information you posted :)

now that I am on the downhill side of my first NFA waiting period....I need another. I guess I can thank you for that! haha

-Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom