• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irish64

Mar 13, 2013
    Monrovia
    Hello All,
    I haven't belonged to a club before, grew up shooting in PA on parents and neighbors property. Getting back into shooting this year and have started to teach my daughters to shoot with a pellet rifle.
    What is proper etiquette in order to join a club like Mt. Airy Izaak Walton? I am interested in joining for more than shooting interests.
    Could anyone direct me in the correct path? Thanks in advance!

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Mount Airy IWLA

Hello All,
    I haven't belonged to a club before, grew up shooting in PA on parents and neighbors property. Getting back into shooting this year and have started to teach my daughters to shoot with a pellet rifle.
    What is proper etiquette in order to join a club like Mt. Airy Izaak Walton? I am interested in joining for more than shooting interests.
    Could anyone direct me in the correct path? Thanks in advance!

You can go to their web site and print off the new membership application, fill it out and bring it to the next membership meeting at the Mt. Airy location along with a check to cover dues. The meetings are held at the Mt. Airy IWL clubhouse the last Monday of each month 7pm I believe. Next Monday the 25th should be the next scheduled meeting. You will have to stand up and say a few words about why you want to join, then leave as the membership will vote on your acceptance. After running a background check and getting back the results, you will be contacted to come in and attend a new member orientation. Takes about 60 days before the process is completed. Nice people associated with the Mt Airy chapter………let me know if you have any other questions.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Am I understanding this correctly? Working member dues are $67. Or is it reduced by that amount?

No I believe that is correct, it just requires more mandatory hours on your part. There are several different levels depending on your commitment.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Am I understanding this correctly? Working member dues are $67. Or is it reduced by that amount?

Yes, that's correct.

A working member would need to accumulate 33 hrs. total during the year, 8 mandatory hours and 25 regular work hours to qualify for the $67 membership dues. Mandatory hours simply means you put in your 8 hrs. during a club sponsored event such as an ATA, Heart of Maryland, or Tri-State trap league shoot, about a half dozen of which are held at the Mt. Airy chapter during the course of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom